Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It lets us all gush about what soon-to-be released books we are jumping-up-and-down excited for.
 
The Ruining
by Anna Collamore
 
hitting shelves February 7th, 2013 from Razorbill

description:  Annie Phillips is thrilled to leave her past behind and begin a shiny new life on Belvedere Island, as a nanny for the picture-perfect Cohen family. In no time at all, she falls in love with the Cohens, especially with Libby, the beautiful young matriarch of the family. Life is better than she ever imagined. She even finds romance with the boy next door.

All too soon cracks appear in Annie's seemingly perfect world. She's blamed for mistakes she doesn't remember making. Her bedroom door comes unhinged, and she feels like she's always being watched. Libby, who once felt like a big sister, is suddenly cold and unforgiving. As she struggles to keep up with the demands of her new life, Annie's fear gives way to frightening hallucinations. Is she tumbling into madness, or is something sinister at play?

The Ruining is a complex ride through first love, chilling manipulation, and the terrifying depths of insanity.
 
My thoughts: A bit of a Turn of the Screw thing going on here, so of course it sounds great! Very cool cover, too.

17 comments :

  1. In December I'm going to make a file with all the beautiful books that are coming out in 2013. I love this cover and it sounds super good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds SO good! The synopsis reminds me a little of Tighter by Adele Griffin which is one of my faves, and there's a Turn of the Screw thing going on there too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of this one before so thank you for selecting it! I'm not sure if I will read this or not but thank you for sharing it! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday post you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds just like something I would like. Thank you for sharing it. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the summary :D I love the mystery behind it, something that I would love to read. Great pick

    -Dannielle
    http://bookwhales.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hadn't heard of this one, but it sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sound of this- definitely an intense mystery and the cover is stunning! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had not heard of this before, but it sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, the going insane part seems like it would be hard to pull off, but I'm intrigued by the premise. Nice choice!

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover but the story sounds interesting . . one for the pile!!! Thanks x I'm a new follower, my link is http://kvlovesbooks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! This sounds like an extremely creepy story. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo... this sounds like it could be a really great thriller. I definitely am adding this to the TBR :)

    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a haunting cover. I can't take my eyes off of it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hadn't heard of this before but I'm definitely adding it to my TBR list now! It sounds really chilling and creepy, not to mention, I'm in love with the cover :3 Thanks for sharing and stopping by! c:

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty cover :D Seems like an interesting book ;) Hope you'll love it. <3
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete