Sunday, October 14, 2012

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {21}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Alea @ Pop Culture Junkie's This Week in Books & Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts) Note: This is not a meme, but I'll be hopping around to any other book haul-sharing posts I come across!

This week,  I got an awesome box of spooky happiness from Harper Teen! Some of these are duplicates for me, so I'll be putting up a Halloween giveaway sometime in the next few days! Keep an eye out for it!
         
Also, this past Friday, I went to the NCIBA trade show in San Francisco and it was amazing. I'll be posting about that in detail later this week, but for now I'll show you some of my favorite finds at the show!
 That whole bottom row is signed :D GAH I got to meet Lisa McMann, Lauren Oliver, and Gail Carriger!! Fangirl *squeee*! 

Crewel by Gennifer Albin
Hysteria by Megan Miranda
Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black (!!)
Venom by Fiona Paul (!!)
Nobody's Secret by Michaela MacColl
Absent by Katie Williams
Redemption by Veronique Launier
The Fire Horse Girl by Kay Honeyman
Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
Black City by Elizabeth Richards
Mystic City by Theo Lawrence
The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson
Dark Triumph by Robin LeFevers (!!)
My Super Sweet Sixteeth Century by Rachel Harris
Sever by Lauren Destephano (!!)
The Ability by M.M. Vaughan
Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza
City of Dark Magic by Magnus Flyte
Mira's Diary by Marissa Moss
Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger (!!)
Spindlers by Lauren Oliver
Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger
Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
Island of Silence by Lisa McMann

Basically I could have put the (!!) next to all of these---I am so excited to read each and every one, and this whole list are ones that I literally "ooohed" and "aaaahhhed" over like it was the 4th of July.  But the ones I did mark are those that I nearly fell over backwards when I saw them sitting there! lol

The Weekly Nutshell:
{Monday} Review: The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna (5 cupcakes!)
{Tuesday} Fashion Week meets the Classics! (giveaway)
{Wednesday} Waiting on Wednesday: The Ruining by Anna Collamore
 {Thursday} Guest Review: The Vampire Academy Series 
(this one has no comments, if you get a chance please stop by and leave Amy some love! :D)


So that's it for my week in books!  Have a great week everyone and Happy Reading! :)   


 

17 comments :

  1. What an insane and awesome batch of books! I'm jealous... though I should probably read more of the ones I already have first! Happy reading though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you got an awesome haul this week!! Jealous you got Black City!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG those are amazing! Like half of these books are on my wish list! You are such a lucky woman! Most coveted: Dark Triumph, Let The Sky Fall and Etiquette & Espionage! LOL Again: lucky woman :)

    Nickey

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an amazing haul!! I can't believe the amount of books you can get from Trade shows and Conventions! This little Aussie is very envious!!

    Here's My StS and Sunday Post!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa - so many books it's going to be overwhelming on what to pick to read first!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many fab books! Definitely excited about Black City, and Etiquette and Espionage! Happy reading :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of pretties this week. You have Mila 2.0 and Dark Triumph :D Enjoy them all and happy reading.

    -Dannielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG. I don't even know where to begin. Great haul.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW amazing haul!! I am so envious! I really hope you enjoy everything!

    Thanks for stopping by =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh, what a FABULOUS haul! You got so many awesome books! I can't wait to read Through The Ever Night and Mila 2.0.

    Here's what's in my Goodie Basket this week

    :) Aeicha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul! Love your description of your Harper Teen box as an awesome box of spooky happiness! Too funny! And look at all of the great books you picked up at NCIBA! Sweet! Enjoy all of your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG WHAT IS NCIBA?!? I'm totally itching for Let The Sky Fall and Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger! Ahhhh! I'm so out of touch with events :(

    Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Umm, you have SEVER, HYSTERIA, LET THE SKY FALL, and MILA 2.0...and I kind of really hate you right now, hahaha. I'm kidding. That's just my insane jealousy surfacing. You need to let me know how those books are!

    Yeah, the reason I can't go to MW is because it's right after Christmas so money will be tight, and the flight costs are insane. You guys should definitely need to go to ALA. It's in CHICAGOOOOOO! We can hang out!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow!! I don't know many of these books but I'll check them out, you're so lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's one doozie of a haul! Can't wait to read about the show. Thanks for visiting me earlier. I'm a new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG I am so jealous of your haul I am going to vomit!! Kidding. But really. Wow. Have fun reading them. I bet that trade show was a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete