Saturday, October 27, 2012

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {23}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Alea @ Pop Culture Junkie's This Week in Books & Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts) Note: This is not a meme, but I'll be hopping around to any other book haul-sharing posts I come across!

Got some cool stuff this week!
For Review:
Ok, nobody throw anything at me...I haven't read this series yet!  I will though---definitely soon. 

GAHH! So excited for this one.  Cover is so perfect..and it's about a genie!

Lauren Conrad Beauty and Starstruck by Lauren Conrad
This is a cool set.  The novel, not really my cup of tea so I'll probably be giving this away, but I love the beauty book and don't know think my 17-year-old and I can part with it! 

Many thanks to Penguin and HarperTeen for these wonderful books!

The Weekly Nutshell:

Have a great week, everyone!

14 comments :

  1. I love the shiny copy of Insurgent! I'm really excited for The Art of Wishing as well. I love the cover, and I am interested in reading more books about genies!

    I hope you love your books, Becky! :)
    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO awesome that you got the special edition of Insurgent. You really, REALLY need to get on that series. One of my faves!

    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Art of Wishing! I saw the summary of that book on Goodreads. I can't wait to see your review on it. Happy reading :D

    -Dannielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome books this week! I haven't read Insurgent yet, but I have been meaning to since I really enjoyed Divergent. I hope you get around to reading both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe you haven't read Divergent/Insurgent yet! LOL *isNOTthrowinganything* You really need to read those! ;)

    I hope you're well and you had a great week!
    Nickey

    ReplyDelete
  6. INSURGENT!! I've read Divergent and I absolutely LOVED it, though there never was enough time for Insurgent T_T Hope you'll enjoy reading and get lots done this week :)

    My Haul

    -Alicia
    bookaworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will love Divergent and Insurgent!! I loved them!! Enjoy all the great reads!
    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/10/stacking-shelves-25-rushed-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Insurgent was good, but Divergent was the best! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like we got the same care package from HarperCollins. I love the Divergent series so I was super excited to get the collector's edition. The Art of Wishing looks super cute. Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like we got the same package from Harper. Those books are gorgeous. The Art of Wishing looks good too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW this collector edition of Insurgent looks stunning :) !! Enjoy your books Becky, I look forward to read your reviews on all these books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome haul! Envious of that beautiful copy of Insurgent :) Beauty is quite a fun book, I picked that up a couple of weeks ago and it's a fun read - plus quite a few great tips!

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  13. AHHH, you got the special edition of INSURGENT! You need to read it. It's so, so good! I love the cover for THE ART OF WISHING. How stinking cute is that? You must let me know how it is! :-)

    ReplyDelete