Saturday, October 20, 2012

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {22}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Alea @ Pop Culture Junkie's This Week in Books & Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts) Note: This is not a meme, but I'll be hopping around to any other book haul-sharing posts I come across!

Here's what I got this week:
 For Review:
Ask the Passengers by A.S. King
Very excited for this one! King always brings something so unique to all her work. 
 
Bitter Blood by Rachel Caine   
I never did get to start this series and this is #13, so be on the lookout for a giveaway of this one soon! 

Thanks so much to Little Brown and NAL/Penguin  for both of these!

The Weekly Nutshell:
{Sunday} Teen Read Week Giveaway!
{Monday} Review: Adaptation by Malinda Lo
{Tuesday} Waiting on Wednesday: Reaping Me Softly by Kate Evangelista
{Wednesday} Review: Beyond by Graham McNamee
{Thursday} Old Books, New Looks
{Friday} Cover Story: 4 Gorgeous New Covers!

Hope everyone is having a great week! Happy reading! :D 
 

20 comments :

  1. Ask The Passengers sounds really awesome! I haven't heard of King before, but I'll definitely check this one out! :D

    Here's my first Sunday post in months >.<
    http://tinyurl.com/9ec4hys

    Love, Nickey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask the Passengers looks like a really good book! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for Bitter Blood! You should give the series a go, it's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul of books. Great stash of books. Really like seeing the covers for books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo I just read Ask The Passengers on my kindle Thursday and Friday. It was an amazing, introspective, multilayered read. I hope you end up falling head over heels for it.

    Happy reading!

    My Bookish Haul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do give the Morganville series a shot! The series really wraps up a book 6 - all the rest of the books are kinda... filler after that. So, highly recommend reading it at least up to there! (And 6 is a lot more manageable than 13!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not the first person to tell me that! LOL I may try to read the first few of this series and see what I think, but for now, I'll let someone who is already caught up enjoy this copy!

      Delete
  7. Seems like awesome books :D Haven't read either, but they do seem good :) Hope you'll enjoy them both. <3
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! And what pray tell is that gorgeous backdrop you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are art wall hangings by Anahata Joy Katkin. I picked them up at cute little shop in Monterey. :)

      Delete
  9. Ask for Passengers looks soo good!! Happy Reading!
    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/10/stacking-shelves-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I have Ask the Passengers. It sounds amazing.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome haul Becky :) !! I've only read the first book in the Morganville Vampires series and enjoyed it but I still haven't read the other books in the series though ... Looking forward to read your review on Ask the Passengers ! Happy reading darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only read the first one in the Morganville series as well - I'm glad I'm not the only one slacking! Nice of you to give it away since it's so far into the series too.

    Our Media Mail post is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice haul! Ask the Passengers looks like such a great read. :)
    Happy reading ^__^

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read anything by A.S. King but Ask the Passengers is totally going to be my first! Hope you enjoy them all :)

    Tara @ Hobbitsies

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im with you...Im sooooo excited to read Ask the Passengers!
    Feel free to check out what I got this week...
    http://asoutherngirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/in-my-mailbox-imm-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been hearing SO many good things about Ask the Passengers (and the author, in general)! I'm definitely looking forward to checking it out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I got Bitter Blood, too! You must let me know how ASK THE PASSENGERS is. MISS YOU!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thanks, However I am
    going through difficulties with your RSS. I don't know the reason why I can't subscribe
    to it. Is there anyone else having the same RSS problems?
    Anybody who knows the solution will you kindly respond?
    Thanx!!

    My web blog :: keraplex bio funciona - nehhpa.com -

    ReplyDelete