Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - Secrets & Temptations Edition

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It lets us all gush about what soon-to-be released books we are jumping-up-and-down excited for. For my WoWs, I'll be choosing a Sooner (books released in the next month or so) and a Later (books further out). Here's what I'm eagerly anticipating:

Sooner:
The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers
by Lynn Weingarten

hitting shelves on December 27, 2011 from HarperTeen

description:
When her boyfriend breaks up with her on the first day of sophomore year, Lucy has no idea how she’s going to make it through homeroom, let alone the rest of her life. Enter three stunning girls with a magical offer Lucy can’t refuse. All she has to do is get a guy to fall in love with her in the next seven days, and then…break his heart and collect one of his brokenhearted tears. As the girls teach Lucy how to hook a guy (with the help of a little magic), she quickly discovers how far she is willing to go—and who she is willing to cross—to get what she wants.

Fans of Lauren Myracle, Jodi Lynn Anderson, and Meg Cabot will love this tale of breakups, friendship, new crushes, and magic. Told with wit and charm, The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers is sure to be one of this winter’s most irresistible reads!

My thoughts: This one seems to me like it will have the feel of Practical Magic, and I was a BIG fan of that one. Plus---this cover ROCKS.


Later:
Temptation of Angels
by Michelle Zink

hitting shelves March 20th, 2012 from Dial Books for Young Readers

description:
Even angels make mistakes in this page-turning epic romance...


When her parents are murdered before her eyes, sixteen-year-old Helen Cartwright finds herself launched into an underground London where a mysterious organization called the Dictata controls the balance of good and evil. Helen learns that she is one of three remaining angelic descendants charged with protecting the world's past, present, and future. Unbeknownst to her, she has been trained her whole life to accept this responsibility. Now, as she finds herself torn between the angelic brothers protecting her and the devastatingly handsome childhood friend who wants to destroy her, she must prepare to be brave, to be hunted, and above all to be strong, because temptation will be hard to resist, even for an angel.

Michelle Zink masterfully weaves historical fantasy with paranormal romance to create a gripping tale of love and betrayal.

My thoughts: Michelle Zink. For me, that's all the reason I need. Her Prophecy of the Sisters Trilogy made me a faithful fan and if she wants to publish her grocery list, I will read it. LOL. Ok, maybe not, but I am definitely stalking this book.

17 comments :

  1. Both the covers are so similar that sometimes I get confused between the two but both of them sound great!


    Feel free to check out my WOW
    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers is on my wish list. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree, the two covers are pretty! I haven't read any of Michelle Zink's but I have the copies of the two books in the Prophecy of the Sisters =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these sound awesome. I have them on my TBR. Great picks!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sound of the Heartbreakers book! I don't think I've ever read anything like it before. :) Thanks for sharing.

    And I'm not a huge Michelle Zink fan. I wasn't crazy about Prophecy of the Sisters. But this one sound good...I might try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these sound great & have great covers too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want both of these. Right now! :D Great picks; I can't wait to get my hands on copies of them. :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome covers! can't wait for both book!

    Awesome pick!
    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really liked michelle's prophecy of the sisters series too and i can't wait to read her new series. looks and sounds amazing.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like I'm repeating myself when it comes to these posts, because I seriously want all of these books. :) Both of these books sound so good and damn those covers! They are awesome. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both look good. The first is new to me. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Sisterhood of Heartbreakers is definitely on my TBR list. I have been meaning to read Zink's book; I need to get around to it, b/c I've heard good things. Thanks for sharing these both!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm definitely looking forward to both of these! The look awesome :) Great picks!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read anything by Michelle Zink (I know! Must change that soon) and The Sisterhood sounds awesome!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Sisterhood of Heartbreakers has such an intriguing premise behind it. I saw the trailer a couple of weeks ago and was instantly hooked.

    And I didn't very much like Michelle Zink's Prophecy of the Sisters series, so I'm not too sure I WANT to read this.

    BUT, I hope you get to enjoy these soon.

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cannot wait to read A Temptation of Angels sounds so good! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Temptation of Angels sounds very, very good!!!! I LOVE the cover, and I think it's beautiful!!! The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers sounds very good too (with the help of a little magic, hehe). Great choice! Thank you for sharing!

    New follower.

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete