Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - The Over the Shoulder Edition ;)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It lets us all gush about what soon-to-be released books we are jumping-up-and-down excited for.

So I've decided from now on to add a little fun step to my Waiting on Wednesday posts. I'll be choosing two books. I'll have a "Sooner" and a "Later" pick, one that is coming up in the next month or so and one that is way down the line. Sound good? ;)

Sooner:

Eternal Starling
by Angela Corbett


hitting shelves December 6, 2011 from Pendrell Publishing


description:
A love so strong, even eternity can’t separate them.


Evie Starling has lived a relatively uneventful life hanging out with friends, gossiping about boys, and driving her 1966 Mustang. All of that changes when she moves to Gunnison,
Colorado, to start college and meets two mysterious men.

For centuries, Alex Night and Emil Stone have yearned for Evie—but they each have their own reasons for wanting to be with her. When both men claim to be her soul mate and tell her about an unbelievable past, Evie learns that she’s not the person she thought she was. Soon, Evie finds herself in the middle of an age-old battle between the Amaranthine Society—the soul protectors, and the Daevos Resistance—the soul destroyers. With a past she doesn’t understand, and a future rife with danger, Evie has to decide who she can trust. But Alex and Emil aren’t the only ones who want Evie, and her soul is about to become the rope in an eternal tug-of-war.

My Thoughts: I love this cover, the fact that the MC drives a 66 mustang, and the fact that I haven't seen anything but rave reviews for this book! I can't wait!


Later:

Goddess, Interrupted
by Aimee Carter

hitting shelves March 27th, 2012 by Harlequin Teen

description:
Kate Winters has won immortality.

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry’s first wife, Persephone.

My Thoughts: LOVED The Goddess Test. Can't wait for more. :)

18 comments :

  1. I can't wait to read Goddess Interupted as I loved the Goddess Test. Great picks this week.

    My WOW

    Emma @ Lost in a YA Book

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally loving the sound of Eternal Starling and cannot wait to read it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list!

    Feel free to check out my WOW
    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read Eternal Starling...
    I really wish there's a different cover for Goddess Interrupted or maybe just the background meh don't mind me.

    Awesome pick!
    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha love the theme - it makes me want to find more over the shoulder covers for you to add

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! Eternal Starling sounds awesome! I also have to read the Goddess Test soon!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. O the first sounds super cool. I love old cars :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new sooner/later format!

    The Goddess Test was a little disappointing for me, so I'm not sure if I'll be picking up this one. I've read a couple good reviews of Eternal Starling so might check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay both of these books look interesting. I havent read the goddess test yet but I am anxiously ready to. It's by my bed waiting for me to finish my current read. The other book looks good too. I think I may have to get that one as well. Check out mine here

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wasn't a fan of The Goddess Test but Eternal Starling looks interesting - love the cover - although not sure about the whole two guys fighting over her story line :)

    My WoW this week

    Amy @ Turn the Page (YA)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i totally need to read the first of the goddess test series!

    here's my wow picks for this week! will you stop by?!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been meaning to read The Goddess Test; I love mythology, so I really should read it soon. Thanks for sharing Eternal Starling- I love the sound of that one and you are right--the cover is gorgeous! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both have very great covers and I probably be getting the second one sooner than the first one. :) huh? I know.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just read a review for Eternal Starling and read an excerpt so I'm actually excited for this. I didn't like The Goddess Test that much, but after seeing this cover I'm going to try again...

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hadn't heard of Eternal Starling but I love that cover, I really need to read The Goddess Test. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eternal Starling sounds amazing and I love the cover... so unique! I haven't read the goddess test but its on my tbr list

    ReplyDelete