Sunday, October 11, 2015

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {144}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)


New shelf candy:
For Review:
Tell the Story To It's End by Simon P. Clark

Won:
Pull by Anne Riley

Traded for:
The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
Shallow Graves by Kali Wallace

Such lovely book mail this week :D I am so very excited about every single one of these, but *super happy dance* at Pull & Girl from Everywhere---two of my tippy-top most anticipated books of 2016!! 

Thanks to St. Martins Griffin, Anne Riley for the review/prize copies, and for Calla for a most epic trade!! :D


The Weekly Nutshell:
{Wednesday} Waiting on...Exile for Dreamers by Kathleen Baldwin
{Thursday} Review: Drift & Dagger by Kendall Kulper

So this week I was lucky to get anything up on the blog at all. I feel like this year has just been one thing after the other and this past week was no exception. My lovely Aussie dog, Daphne got really sick this week and for few days we thought we might lose her.  But after an emergency vet trip, a round of medications, and some careful doggie-nursing from the whole family, she seems to be pulling through :)  She's a very old lady, and we know she won't be with us forever, but it won't be any less heartbreaking to lose her. Anyhow, she seems determined to stay with us a while longer. ♥
On the reading front, well, I did almost none this week.  I think I've decided to throw in the towel on Dreamstrider, it just wasn't for me (possibly more on that later) and after setting that aside, I haven't picked up anything else yet because of all that was going on.  Now that things are leveling out and I have  few days off of work, I'm hoping to find something to catch my attention! :D

Are you reading something that you're loving this week? Do tell! :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment