Sunday, October 4, 2015

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {143}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)


Gorgeous things came to my door...
For review:
I am reading Madness so Discreet SOON. I've heard some mixed things about Dreamland so I'm a bit nervous about that one, but we'll see!

Traded for:
Thanks, Anna, for these!! So excited for both!

Purchased:
A few years ago I absolutely fell in love with this book, On the Fringe, so imagine my sheer delight to find out this author wrote this new book! AND she has another YA coming out in 2016!! So excited for both!


Thanks so much Harper Collins for the review books!


The Weekly Nutshell

First off, thanks to all who left kind words of support in the comments last week. It's been a tough time, but I'm getting through.  ♥
So as I'm writing this a gorgeous lightning storm is going on outside and the rain is just starting to fall. I looooove this weather, makes me want to cook up a big pot of comfy soup...which I did, this week. :)  On the reading front, I blew through Daughter Unto Devils this week, which scared the pants off me. Such a perfect Halloween read! I'll be reviewing this one over at Books Take You Places with a coordinating cupcake recipe this month for Fortnight of Fright! I also finished the audiobook of Nightmares! The Sleepwalker Tonic, so I'll be reviewing the series so far this week! Right now I'm finishing up Rebel Mechanics...this was a fun one! :)   Up next for me is Dreamstrider and then I may have to give in to Truthwitch...my copy continues to give me the "come hither" stare every time I pass my bookshelves lol.

Hope everyone has a great week!

0 comments :

Post a Comment