Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday : My Auto-Buy Authors!

I don't know why I don't participate in this meme more often...I love making lists :D Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  To find out more and check out future topics, click on over there!!

This weeks topic is Auto-Buy Authors.  Those authors that I check monthly for new title announcements on Goodreads, and count down the days until I can pre-order it. I've got a few of those :D But here's ten of them, in no particular order:


1. Marissa Meyer - The Lunar Chronicles is one of my fave series of all times. PLUS her next series is about the teen Queen of Hearts. O_O  She's putting out the exact stories I want to read, and she's doing it with tons of AWESOME.
2. Cynthia Hand - I'm always a bit wary when my fave authors go from fantasy/paranormal to contemp, because I don't normally read much of the latter. But the divine Ms. Hand did this and I devoured both.  Gotta love that.
3. Mary Pearson - I read her Adoration of Jenna Fox waaay back when and loved it--and now her Kiss of Deception series lands her solidly on this list of auto-buy authors.
4. William Ritter - Okay, the man has only put out two books. But I loved both in the Jackaby series and if he keeps those coming, I'll keep buying them without a second thought. :)
5. April Lindner - her retellings of classics have been some of my favorites. To this day, with everything else I've read the past 5 years, I still consider Jane one of my fave books ever.
6. Amie Kaufman - Even though she's only written as half of two amazing writing duos, it seems everything she touches is something awesome that I need to read!
7. Susan Dennard - Loooooved her steampunk zombie debut series, and can't wait to start Truthwitch; I'm pretty sure I'll be buying anything Susan Dennard writes until the end of time. lol 
8. Bethany Griffin - Another of my faves that I know I can go to anytime I'm in the mood for something deliciously dark and gothic!
9. Rachel Hawkins - Her writing is so fun and funny and exciting and swoony and creepy..she is just all the best things wrapped up into one.
10. Cat Winters - There is nothing like the way this wonderful author brings the dark days of history to life, and with such great unforgettable characters, and so much creepiness! Absolutely brilliant every time.

SO who are YOUR Auto-Buy Authors?

0 comments :

Post a Comment