Sunday, August 2, 2015

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {135}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)

The haul this week:
 Purchased: 
Uprooted (UK edition) by Naomi Novik
Finally bought myself a copy of this. Can't wait to read it since so many readers I completely trust absolutely love it.  I sprung for the UK edition---it's got shiny gold accents, people. GORGEOUS and SHINY.

From publisher: 
The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough (signed)
I ♥♥♥ this book. So much.  Here's my review, if you're interested.  I met this author at TLA and the books for her signing went lost. Completely. Nowhere to be found. So the publicist was kind enough to take down everyone's info and send them a signed finished copy after. And now it's here! :D

From trade:
A Little in Love by Susan Fletcher
Eponine's story as a YA novel!! YES PLEASE. 
A big grateful shout-out to Bayram for trading with me! :D


The Weekly Nutshell 
 {Tuesday} Waiting on...Into The Dim by Janet B. Taylor

{Thursday} Old Books, New Looks
{Friday} Review+ Giveaway: The School for Unusual Girls
{Saturday}  What's New: August YA Releases & Giveaway

SO this week, not only did I get these lovely new books added to my collection. I got a new car. :D Which was a long time coming (seeing how my old car was broken into, fixed, and then broke down a few weeks later).  I absolutely love the new one, so hurray for that! :D And a got a new desk at work. Which might not seem like a big deal, but it made me incredibly happy.  I've been sitting at the same desk for 10 years and moving, cleaning out, reorganizing, and just getting a fresh new space felt amazing.  It was a great way to start the month. 
Right now I'm reading Damage Done--and it's pretty good so far but I didn't realize going in that it was going to involve a school shooting.  I usually steer clear of those, my heart just can't take that kind of thing.  But we'll see.  Next up is This Monstrous Thing, and I'm terribly excited to read that one! 

What books did you add to your shelves this week? And what book is on your bedside table right now? 

0 comments :

Post a Comment