Sunday, August 23, 2015

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {138}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)

newbies to the shelf this week:
 From trades:
The Hired Girl by Laura Amy Schlitz
This looked very Downton-esque, so of course I'm excited to read it!
Drift & Dagger by Kendal Kulper
Lovely signed copy! Can't wait to read this one. 
The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna
So glad to finally have a finished copy of this. Wish this author would write another book! Loved this story so much.   
The Blackthorn Key by Kevin Sands 
Mysteries, apothecaries, and 1665 London--hubs and I will likely both enjoy this one! 

A huge thanks to those who traded with me this week! 

The Weekly Nutshell  
{Tuesday} Top Ten Tuesday: My auto-buy authors
{Wednesday}
Waiting on: Wink Poppy Midnight & Dark Days Club


So I didn't get around to writing the two reviews I meant to write this week, for Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall & The Accident Season, both of which I really enjoyed.  Well, Accident Season, I really loved, but more on that in my review lol. 
Not much else going on this past week. Which is kind of nice. Getting back into the swing of school schedule and having the nice quiet house to myself during the day.  :) More ice cream making adventures--this week it was Chocolate Cherry Amaretto. And come back later today for a Sweetness post featuring Bailey's Ice Cream with Nutella Swirl.  LOL, is it funny that I don't drink at all, but I love throwing in liquor into desserts? :D

Anyhow, have a great week, everyone! 

0 comments :

Post a Comment