Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It lets us all gush about what soon-to-be released books we are jumping-up-and-down excited for.

Unbreakable
by Kami Garcia

hitting shelves October 1st, 2013 from Little Brown

description: I never believed in ghosts. Until one tried to kill me.

When Kennedy Waters finds her mother dead, her world begins to unravel. She doesn’t know that paranormal forces in a much darker world are the ones pulling the strings. Not until identical twins Jared and Lukas Lockhart break into Kennedy’s room and destroy a dangerous spirit sent to kill her. The brothers reveal that her mother was part of an ancient secret society responsible for protecting the world from a vengeful demon — a society whose five members were all murdered on the same night.

Now Kennedy has to take her mother’s place in the Legion if she wants to uncover the truth and stay alive. Along with new Legion members Priest and Alara, the teens race to find the only weapon that might be able to destroy the demon — battling the deadly spirits he controls every step of the way.

Suspense, romance, and the paranormal meet in this chilling urban fantasy, the first book in a new series from Kami Garcia, bestselling coauthor of the Beautiful Creatures novels.


My thoughts:  I WANT THIS.  That cover just haunts me. Plus the fact that it's about ghosts..YAY! And the fact that it's by Kami Garcia---one half of one of my favorite writing duos!  This one can't come soon enough!

14 comments :

  1. oh that sounds like a good read...I am adding it to my TBR list right after I write this!

    Here is My WoW

    New follower

    Brenna @ Two-Tall-Tales

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited for this one as well! The cover is kinda cool. :) Thanks for sharing!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is new to me, but it sounds really good. Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot WAIT for this book. I might be over-hyping it in my head (I was super excited for Margaret Stohl's ICONS, but was very disappointed), but still. I'm hoping Kami Garcia can pull this off, because it sounds SO good.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds and just looks incredible! i also can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh a book about ghosts? Sounds awesome! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This does sound really good. I'm excited to get my hands on it, too. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read this too! It sounds amazing. Though I am worried there might be a love triangle with the brothers...reaaally don't think I could handle that. Will have to hope for the best! Great pick :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally hadn't seen the cover for this one before now - I love it! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! I love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked Beautiful Creatures and need to finish reading the last two books in that series. It will be interesting to see how this book and Icons compare to that series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! It will be interesting to see what her writing style is like now that she is branching out solo. I love the cover, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do think the cover is pretty awesome ;D Great pick :) I hope you'll love it. <3

    ReplyDelete