Saturday, May 11, 2013

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {47}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)

So this week, I ended up with quite a haul.  The first two you see there are signed (eeeee!), but sadly, I didn't get to go to the signing because of stupid work. Booo.. 
But luckily, Amy went and got both bought and signed for me, as well as getting my ARC of Invisibility signed by David Levithan and Andrea Cremer. So stinkin' excited to have those! Thank you, dear! :D  

Bought:
Icons by Margaret Stohl
 Excited to see this author's first solo work!

For review:
Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts 
Super happy dance! Very excited for this one!
A Face Like Glass by Frances Hardinge
 This looks amazing. The synopsis has me so curious!
The Year of Luminous Love by Lurlene McDaniels
This one was a surprise...haven't heard much about it!
The Keep by Veronica Wolff
Looks good, but it's book 4 I think? How will I ever catch up?

For review (cont.):
Some of my favorite authors in here!
While I didn't love book 1, I did like how it ended, so I'm up to give this a try!
Curious about this one! 
Second copy, so I'll be giving this away soon!
Not my usual cup of tea, but seeing really great reviews for it!
Atlantis! Haven't heard much about this series...anyone know about it?

Huge thanks to Macmillan, Pan Macmillan UK, Random House, Penguin NAL, and HarperTeen for all of these lovely goodies!! 

The Weekly Nutshell: 

Happy Mother's Day to all you Mommy's out there! :D

16 comments :

  1. I really want Tumble & Fall!!! It looks soooo amazing. Wild Awake looks great too.
    I hope you enjoy these pretties! Have a great week (:

    My STS

    Sapir @ Diary of a Wimpy Teen Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Every Day to be published in the UK. I need to know what all the fuss is about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really looking forward to Tumble and Fall!! Happy Reading!!
    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2013/05/stacking-shelves-50.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Wild Awake cover. Happy Mother's Day to you too sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, nice haul! I'm very excited about Tumble & Fall. Happy reading :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So much amazing :D *Jealous* <3 Hope you enjoy them all sweetie :) Tumble & Fall sounds amazing, and I'm really hoping I might get a copy of it too. <3 *Hopes* :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice book haul! Signed copies are the best, so sad you didn't make it to the event. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Face Like Glass IS amazing. Everyone I know has loved it. I hope you have the same great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! I hope you enjoy Icons because I loved it.
    -Scott Reads It

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul! A face like Glass looks really good!
    Here are my newest additions

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got so many good ones this week! Awesome!
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in love with the cover for Tumble&Fall. I hope it's as good as it looks! Dark Shore looks awesome, too. Happy reading!
    New follower via GFC. We've chatted a couple of times.
    -Natalie @Natflix&Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm reading Every Day right now! On p. 95 and am LOVING it. David is perfection IMHO :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome update and look at that haul! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice book haul! I'm really curious about Icons and Transparent. Enjoy all your new books:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A Trick of the Light sounds interesting! :-)

    ReplyDelete