Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

 "Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It lets us all gush about what soon-to-be released books we are jumping-up-and-down excited for.


The In-Between
by Barbara Stewart

hitting shelves November 5th, 2013 from St. Martin's Griffin

description: When Elanor’s near-death experience opens a door to a world inhabited by bold, beautiful Madeline, she finds her life quickly spiraling out of control.
Fourteen-year-old Elanor Moss has always been an outcast who fails at everything she tries—she's even got the fine, white scars to prove it. Moving was supposed to be a chance at a fresh start, a way to leave behind all the pain and ugliness of her old life. But, when a terrible car accident changes her life forever, her near-death experience opens a door to a world inhabited by Madeline Torus . . . Madeline is everything Elanor isn’t: beautiful, bold, brave. She is exactly what Elanor has always wanted in a best friend and more—their connection runs deeper than friendship. But Madeline is not like other girls, and Elanor has to keep her new friend a secret or risk being labeled “crazy.” Soon, though, even Elanor starts to doubt her own sanity. Madeline is her entire life, and that life is drastically spinning out of control. Elanor knows what happens when your best friend becomes your worst enemy. But what happens when your worst enemy is yourself?

My thoughts: Near-death experience is always a good start to draw me in, but this sounds like a psychological thriller about an alternate reality, which really has me intrigued.  Add to that a cool cover and a very high recommendation from one of my favorite authors, Jodi Meadows?  SOLD. 

8 comments :

  1. Gosh this sounds awesome! but.. I'm not so excited that the protagonist is only 14, usually I stay away from books with girls that young..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I saw this one last week but I'm still not entirely convinces I want to read it. It does sound interesting so I hope you enjoy reading it.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds very dark! I might give it a miss. I'm going to try and read Incarnate though this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, this one sounds so interesting! Another book to look out for. Thanks for sharing! :D
    Hey, check this out! :D
    Review: Losing It
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find! This story sounds fascinating, and it is definitely going on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete