Saturday, April 13, 2013

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {43}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)

Here's what came through my mailbox this week! 
 For Review:
I have the last three of this series and I haven't had a chance to start it, so keep an eye out this week--I'll be giving away books 12, 13, and 14! 
 
Ghosts and witches and healers...this one sounds awesome!
 
How cute is this cover?? A fairy tales world and godmothers for hire---this one sounds so FUN!
 
 I shared the trailer to this one earlier this week hereA story penned by two brothers about a mansion where children seem to just disappear. Can't wait to dig into this one! 

Thanks to NAL/Penguin and Jolly Fish Press for these!!

The Weekly Nutshell: 
{Wednesday} Amy's View: Dead River by Cyn Balog (comment love needed!)
{Friday} Becky's View: Frost by Kathryn James + Giveaway! 

 Did you see that you can win both books in the Mist series by Kathryn James?? These two great books aren't available in the US so I wanted to pass on my copies! It's a fun fantasy series! Go enter! :)

Happy reading, everyone! 

16 comments :

  1. Blood Moon sounds creepy yet awesome at the same time! I'm so interested in Fairy Godmothers, Inc.! Enjoy your books! Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that your bookshelf in the background? It looks amazing!! And interesting haul, I have never heard any of those books :)

    By the way thanks for following! Just followed back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul, Fairy Godmothers Inc looks great :D Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome does Pitch Green sound? And I love that Fairy Godmothers, Inc cover - adorable!

    Bekka
    Pretty Deadly Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read or heard about any of these (A) but they look awesome :) I hope you'll enjoy them all sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also got Fall of Night and haven't read the series, so I am going to be hosting a giveaway too. Fairly Godmothers looks soo cute. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice haul. You always have some awesome books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome haul, they all sounds really good! Enjoy the books :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fairy Godmothers, Inc. looks so adorable! I hope you enjoy all your new books! Happy reading and thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read the very first book in the Morganville Vampires series and even though I really enjoyed it, I never continued on with the series... Now there are 14 books total in that series... lol I don't think it's gonna happen for me! happy reading!
    Shae @ Understanding Shae's Story

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of any of the books, but I hope you enjoy then, I can't wait to see your review!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fairy Godmothers, Inc. sounds like a cute read!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My copy of Fall of Night just arrived - I'm so excited! It's a really fantastic series. I'd recommend giving it a try if you ever get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete