Sunday, November 27, 2016

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {177}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)

Some lovely mail this past week! One more thing to be grateful for! :D 
Bad Blood by Demitria Lunetta
Haunted dreams and boys with Scottish accents...that's all I need to know. 
Poison's Kiss by Breeana Shields
A fantastic sounding fantasy about a girl with the kiss of death.
The Dragon's Price by Bethany Wiggins
A dragon turns the tables on a rebellious princess. This sounds so fun!

Thank you so much, Random House, for these!! I'm super excited for all of them!!

I also received this fun box from Swoon Reads! I'll be taking this good advice and sharing that second copy of You Don't Know My Name soon!

Lastly, the  November Owlcrate box.  I actually got this last week, but I wanted to be sure everyone had received theirs before posting about it so I waited an extra week.  The special edition white cover is so stunning ♥♥♥, the tea is a delicious fruity herbal, and I love all the little extras!

The Weekly Nutshell
recent posts:
Review: Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
Waiting on Wednesday: The Rattled Bones by S.M. Parker

Everyone have a lovely Thanksgiving?? I hope so!! Mine was full of family and laughter and lots and lots of wonderful food. :P  Always a good thing.  Not much else new...I've barely picked up my current book, The Alchemists of Loom, with the holidays kicking off. All the baking and then the shopping (I don't set foot in the stores on black friday, online shopping is definitely my thing lol), and then the recuperating from all the eating haha. I'm hoping to get back into the swing of reading this week.  
I've been avoiding Twitter like the plague since Friday, trying to avoid Gilmore Girls spoilers from all of those who got to binge watch it the first day it released.  We're doing our first watch tomorrow, my daughter's day off---complete with chinese take-out, tacos, pop tarts, and mallomars in true Gilmore Girl form!  We've been looking forward to this for so long, but it will be sad to finished these four because then it's really over. For good. So sad, but I still can't wait to see these.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week ahead!



0 comments :

Post a Comment