Sunday, November 13, 2016

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {175}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)

This is actually my bookish mail from the last three weeks. It's been that long since I did a new shelf goodies post! This was bookmail but also a couple of favorites that I was lucky enough to grab at a recent trade show a few weeks ago.  Here's the lot:
For review:
Oh book, you had me at steampunk pirates. ;)
After the cliffy ending to Passenger, I can't wait to see what happens next!
When Anna's anti-gift is suddenly what everyone wants---this sounds fantastic!!
It's been ages since I've read this author, but I can't wait to read this!
How cute does this look? Sounds like Nancy Drew meets DaVinci Code! 
The first book was super cute. Hope I enjoy this one, too!
Eeee, A.G.Howard writing a Phantom retelling?? YES.
I've heard great things about this series---I hope to get it started soon!
This sounds so magical. O_O
This says perfect for fans of Marissa Meyer---hey, that's me! ;)
I have this in my hands. This is not a drill. *kermit-style flailing*

Big huge thanks to Penguin, Swoon Reads, Disney Books, Tor Teen, Abrams & A.G. Howard, Little Brown, & Random House for these!


The Weekly Nutshell:
recent posts:
Well, I won't link you up to all the posts I've done since my last haul post...lol, that's just too much for this late at night xD. But please be sure to visit my Heartless Book Birthday posts if you haven't already! There's a makeup look, a recipe, my review & a giveaway! Don't miss it!  You'll notice Heartless was not in my haul this week, after all my gushing over it this week you'd think it would be. But no. I'm patiently awaiting my Owlcrate box this month---it's Alice in Wonderland themed and I'm highly suspecting that Heartless will be the book! I don't believe they are sold out yet, so if you're interesting in snagging one, please use my link!  
This week I'm reading Of Fire and Stars, and I'm loving it so far. I've stalled a bit on Unnatural Deeds. It's just not catching me, so I've set it aside to read OF&S, but may pick it back up when I'm done.  For once, I'm not sure what's next, but I'm also thinking that the lure of Traitor to the Throne may be just too much to resist LOL. We'll see. 

Hope you are all finding lovely things to read this week! 


0 comments :

Post a Comment