Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome, 2013!! My top 13 most anticipated books!!


Happy  New  Year!! 
 

It's going to be a fantastic year, I know it!! Especially where books are concerned!  There are so many I'm eagerly anticipating, I honestly don't know how I pared this list down to only 13!



Spellcaster by Claudia Gray
This fantastic author takes on the subject of witches. Seriously can't wait to read this!



Not only am I completely in love with this cover, but I love that it's about a girl and her magic genie!! 


Born of Illusion by Teri Brown
Gah, I died when I saw this synopsis---the supposed daughter of Houdini who has real powers??  Sounds perfectly historical and magical!



This one sounds beautifully eerie, about a girl who is forbidden to sing or else the darkness will find her. 



Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke
I've been pining for this since I spotted that gorgeous cover. Sounds like a fantasticly creepy love story!



This sounds a fun tale of steampunk---a school where young ladies to properly take high tea...and take a life.  Sounds amazing!



Far Far Away by Tom McNeal
Incredibly excited for this one.  A boy doesn't just hear voices---he hears the voice of Jacob Grimm!



Ghost stories...I need more of them. Especially eerie, romantic ghost stories that feature vintage photography!
 


The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett
The main character is a nightmare---literally!  This is such a creative idea for a book and I can't wait to see how it plays out!



Another where something unusual becomes the characters in the story,...this time it's one girl's emotions who come to life. Sounds so unique!



Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson
A gothic retelling of the Bluebeard fairytale.  I do love retellings!




Gods, goddesses,...and Kendare Blake. That's all I need to know. 



Plague in the Mirror by Deborah Noyes
Fourteeth century Florence, a creepy twin from the past peering out of the mirror, and the promise of a passionate romance! Love the sound of this one!






Now, just a little note: these titles don't include all the series continuations that I am eagerly awaiting---that is a whole other monster of a list!!  But just to list a few:
Boundless by Cynthia Hand
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Asunder by Jodi Meadows
Sever by Lauren DeStephano
Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins 
(Ok technically the last two are more spin-offs than continuations, but I'm still just as excited!!)

So what's on your list of most anticipated books of 2013?? 

5 comments :

  1. Fabulous list. A few are totally new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these covers. Especially the one for Spellcaster. Its cover alone makes me want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, I totally agree with all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I hadn't even heard of some of these, but have added several to my wishlist. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of yummy books are coming out! Thanks for posting this list!

    ReplyDelete