Monday, October 3, 2011

The Winking Witch Spooky Reads Challenge!!

Happy October, Everyone!!
It's almost
H
alloween
!!

As you can probably tell, Halloween is my favorite time of year. It is my favorite time to decorate for (yes, even more than Christmas!) so in just a few days my house will be covered in webs and skellingtons and sparkly skulls. Yay!
Well, I couldn't let my favorite holiday go uncelebrated here on my little home on the web,
so I give you...


Get out those spooky books!!
So I'm actually going to keep this pretty easy. The challenge will run for the entire month of October. I kept the goal nice and low because I know that we all have tons of books to read this month, spooky or not! Here are the basic details:

Challenge goal: 3 Spooky Reads! This can include Ghosts, Vampires, Witches, Evil Fairies, Demons,...really anything that scares the pants off of you! :D

Make a post about participating in the challenge with a list of book you plan to read. Come back and post a link below; this counts as your first entry toward prizes! Feel free to add the banner to your sidebar!

Come back to this post and add a link to each of your reviews below.

After the end of each week (October 9th, 16th, & 23rd), one winner will be chosen from the posted reviews for a $10 Amazon GC!

At the end of the Challenge, 1 lucky winner will be chosen from all those who complete the challenge to receive a Spooky Books gift pack!! I will post a photo of this later on, but it will include 2 Spooky Books (2011 releases), and some other fun Halloween stuff (stationary items, bookmarks, and of course, candy!)

Because I want my international blog friends to be able to play, too (but seriously couldn't afford to send a whole gift pack internationally!), I have some alternate prized for the overseas folks! The weekly prize would be choice of 1 book $10 or under at Book Depository. If the Challenge winner is international, he/she will get to pick $20 in books at Book Depository!

So who wants to play?? Break out the spine-tinglers and leave the light on!!

I'll be reading my spookiest books, too! Here's my list to choose from:
Envy by Gregg Olson
The Hollow by Jessica Verday
On the Fringe by Courtney King Walker
Half-Blood by Jennifer Armentrout
Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton
Sleight by Jennifer Sommersby
Damage by Anya Parrish

Remember the goal is only 3, but the more reviews you post, the better your odds are to win the grand prize at the end! Post your links below! :D
Have fun, everyone!



1 comment :