Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday : Paranormalcy

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It lets us all gush about what soon-to-be released books we are jumping-up-and-down excited for.

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

release date: September 21st, 2010 (updated, thanks Kiersten!)
by HarperTeen

Description:
Sixteen-year-old Evie's job is bagging and tagging paranormals. Possessing the strange ability to see through their glamours, she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency. But when someone--or something--starts taking out the vamps, werewolves, and other odd beasties she's worked hard to help become productive members of society, she's got to figure it out before they all disappear and the world becomes utterly normal.

Normal is so overrated.

Really, does this one need much more explanation of why I can't wait to read it!! Drop-dead gorgeous cover ( I would kill to see a gal "bag and tag" a werewolf in that stunning dress!!), a completely amazing-sounding storyline...nuf' said, right? And you really have to check out the author's blog...she is seriously the most adorable thing ever, and her post on the day her proof copy arrived is just hilarious. I'm sure if her fiction writing is half as entertaining as her blogging, it's going to be a fantastic book!! October is such a long way off---I'm hoping for a bump up to an earlier release date!! :)

12 comments :

  1. Oh wow, a book with a Paranormal Agency! I want to read it! Awesome pick for WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I can’t wait for this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying for this one, too. It sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover and it looks like a great new take on paranormal fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!! It's always so exciting to see that people are looking forward to PARANORMALCY : ) And if it makes you feel any better, the actual release date is September 21st! Five(ish) months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am excited for this too!! It looks awesome! Thanks for stopping by my blog!;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great! I'll add it on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, this one seems awesome! And I totally want that dress! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So badly wanting this! You have such a cute blog and great taste so you've won an award on my blog. Drop by here to collect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks awesome in both the cover and the description. I'd like to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete