Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday : Linger

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It lets us all gush about what soon-to-be released books we are jumping-up-and-down excited for.


Linger by Maggie Stiefvater


Release Date: July 20th, 2010

Description from Goodreads:
In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

At turns harrowing and euphoric, Linger is a spellbinding love story that explores both sides of love -- the light and the dark, the warm and the cold -- in a way you will never forget.

(sigh) Even the description gives me chills. All the reasons why I loved the first book so much come flooding back. Yup, this one will definitely have me standing in line at my nearest bookstore on the morning of it's release.

11 comments :

  1. I am really looking forward to this one too. I think it will be just as good as the first if not better. Great pick!

    Here is my WoW pick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really looking forward to this one :) Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good pick! I have Shiver in my TBR pile, so I'd better get busy so I'm ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to Linger too! Early reviews have all been very positive so I agree with Christina that Linger will probably be even better than Shiver :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read Shiver...I know way behind, but summer is coming and I will have more time, and, and, well so many books so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally can't wait for Linger. So excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I'm sooo excited for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really looking forward to this one, great pick !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really looking forward to this book as well. Loved the first one :)

    -Secretly Captivated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like the cover for this one!

    ReplyDelete