Wednesday, February 14, 2018

♥ Love @ First Lines ♥

 ♥ Happy Valentine's Day, Lovelies!! ♥

So, something a little different for today!
This week at my library, I did my own sort of take on the "Blind Date with a Book" idea that you see around all the bookstores this time of year lol.  I tweaked it a little, and here's what I came up with: 
I took a few great YA books with exceptionally tantalizing first lines and printed them on their little wraps to catch the attention of browsing patrons.  :D
It was a fun little project and I thought I'd do something similar here.  Are the first lines of these books enough to make you pick them up?
 Will it be LOVE at first lines?? ;)


Fate came for Dottie Epstein a year earlier, in the form of a call to the principal's office. 
It was not her first time there. 

The Metropolitan Theatre simmered with the heat of more than a thousand bodies packed together in red velvet chairs. My nose itched from the lingering scent of cigarette smoke wafting off the gentlemen's coats---a burning odor that added to the sensation that we were all seating inside a beautiful oven, waiting to be broiled. 

It is the first day of November, and so, today, someone will die. 

My big brother reaches home in the dark hours before dawn, when even ghosts take their rests. He smells of steel and coal and forge. He smells of the enemy.

Seven hundred and thirty-three days after my mom died, forty-five days after my dad eloped with a stranger he met on the internet, thirty days after we then up and moved to California. and only seven days after starting as a junior at a brand-new school where I know approximately no one, an email arrives. 

Apologies to the people who love it here, but Claremont, Oklahoma might actually be a circle of hell. 

And lastly--my personal favorite:
I'm on the toilet at the 9:30 club, and I'm wondering how mermaids pee


Do you have any favorite first lines?? Those kind that suck you right in and you must keep reading?  Please share! :D

0 comments :

Post a Comment