Sunday, May 15, 2016

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {163}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)

Hi all! It's been a while since I did one of these---three weeks? So I tried to gather together most of what I got since then. 

My lovely Amy gifted me a "TLA care package".  As I said before, my plans to go pretty much fell through about a month before but she gifted me these from her haul. ♥ Love you, lady!! I also want to thank Sondra, who weeded out a few she'd grabbed and changed her mind about, so that's how I got Vassa in the Night and Everyone We've Been.  I am so excited for all of these, but especially Vassa, Stalking Jack the Ripper, Women in the Walls, The Forgetting, Ghostly Echoes, and, well...this gorgeous thing:
♥.♥  Seriously SO excited to have this in my possession. 
And it matches my new tea set :)


A few review books from publishers.  The cover designers are killing it this year, don't you agree??  I am dying to design a cupcake to match Glitter.  Thanks so much to Macmillam, Merit Press, and Random House for these!

Add these to Goodreads! :)


The Weekly Nutshell
{Tuesday} Audiobook Review: Winter by Marissa Meyer
{Wednesday} Waiting on Wednesday : Frozen Charlotte 
{Thursday} Perfectly Posh beauty spotlight & giveaway!
{Friday} Review: Girl in the Tower by Lisa Schroeder

So it's been a great couple of weeks! Despite a few days of feeling yucky, I had a lovely Mother's Day with my family, some great surprises in the mail (and not just books lol), a few long put-off projects that are getting done, and some gorgeous weather!! Plus, I'm actually back into the swing of reading and reviewing a bit more! In the last week and a half, I read A Star Touched Queen and really enjoyed it so much---full review will be up this week. Read and reviewed Girl in the Tower which was just so cute. And I'm currently reading Exile for Dreamers and loving it, definitely enjoying it more than the first book.  I also started the audiobook for Lady Midnight, but had to return it to the library---I wasn't that disappointed though, because I wasn't that fond of the reader. I love the story so far, though, so I'll definitely be reading the actual book soon!

What books and goings-on is everyone busy with this week?  Looking forward to seeing all those BEA book hauls and recaps!! :D


0 comments :

Post a Comment