Sunday, August 10, 2014

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {98}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)

Just one new shelf goodie for me this week!
A Victorian supernatural mystery involving the daughter of Sherlock Holmes and the son of John Watson---this was a must-have for me!


The Weekly Nutshell: 
{Tuesday} Waiting on Wednesday: When My Heart Was Wicked
{Thursday} Old Books, New Looks 
{Friday} Review of Unwept by Tracy & Laura Hickman

So that's my week! I finished up Unwept and was initially impressed, and then underwelmed by this bizarre little story.  I'm reading Fiendish now, another bizarre one, but Brenna Yovanoff's writing always seems to draw me in. Really enjoying it at about 50% through. Other than that, my family's been reveling in the last few days of summer vacation, sneaking off to the beach at every chance and spending our evenings lying in the hammock under our twinkle lights and making smores. :)

Have a great week, everyone! ;D

5 comments :

  1. I love the story summary. I still need to read this. I love that it is a mystery. Thanks for visiting my STS earlier.


    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. ChristinaBookAddictAugust 10, 2014 at 7:23 AM

    Enjoy the last few days of summer vacation…this summer just flew by! Boneseeker sounds amazing. I love anything Victorian. I will have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boneseeker sounds like a fab read, hope you enjoy it! I've not read anything by Brenna Yovanoff yet but I'm pretty sure I've got one of her books lying around somewhere. Glad you're liking Fiendish so far. Happy reading :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hammock, twinkling lights, and s'mores? = perfection

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get myself a copy of Boneseeker!! It looks so pretty in print too! :) Aww, your summer sounds just lovely. It's nice that you can enjoy it to the very end. Have a wonderful week Becky!

    ReplyDelete