Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It lets us all gush about what soon-to-be released books we are jumping-up-and-down excited for.
Dream Boy
by Madelyn Rosenberg & Mary Crockett
hitting shelves July 1st, 2014 from Sourcebooks Fire
description:
Annabelle Manning feels like she’s doing time at her high school in Chilton, Virginia. She has her friends at her lunchtime table of nobodies. What she doesn’t have are possibilities. Or a date for Homecoming. Things get more interesting at night, when she spends time with the boy of her dreams. But the blue-eyed boy with the fairytale smile is just that—a dream. Until the Friday afternoon he walks into her chemistry class.

One of friends suspects he’s an alien. Another is pretty sure it’s all one big case of deja vu. While Annabelle doesn’t know what to think, she’s willing to believe that the charming Martin Zirkle may just be her dream come true. But as Annabelle discovers the truth behind dreams—where they come from and what they mean—she is forced to face a dark reality she had not expected. More than just Martin has arrived in Chilton. As Annabelle learns, if dreams can come true, so can nightmares.
My Thoughts:  So many reasons to want this---gorgeous cover, that tagline gives me the shivers, and I love stories that are centered around dreams.  Can't wait for this one!

11 comments :

  1. I have to say, this made it on my tbr list a few weeks ago after I heard about it on someone else's WoW and it does sound absolutely fantastic! I've even tried to request it so far, so I'm waiting on that. I hope you get your hands on a copy soon though :)

    Amanda - Book Badger
    Waiting on Wednesday #11

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty cover! The story sounds pretty good, too! Hope you enjoy!
    My WoW today is from Mrs. Hemingway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, pretty cover! Sounds like an awesome book :D I hope you will end up loving it when you get to read it. <3 thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dream Boy is new to me but it's going straight on the TBR list. Great pick :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I pre-ordered this a few weeks ago as it sounds amazing, hope you enjoy it when you get to read it :)

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving this cover both the tree and the font, but I'm always weary about books where the protagonist "dreams" about a boy (or girl) who turns out to exist.That said, I'm definitely curious. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh wow! I hadn't heard of this one before, but it sounds really interesting!

    My post: http://roseshadowink.wordpress.com/2014/04/02/grabby-paws-sea-of-shadows-by-kelley-armstrong/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to this book! I saw the cover and knew I had to read it! great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I love the sound of this! And the cover is gorgeous! Martin Zirkle certainly is an interesting name? Great pick Becky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this one is new to me! I love the cover, and the premise is to die for. Great pick this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, pretty cover!! But more importantly, the premise is good. I also love books centred around dreams!

    ReplyDelete