Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It lets us all gush about what soon-to-be released books we are jumping-up-and-down excited for.

Welcome to the Dark House
by Laurie Faria Stolarz

hitting shelves July 22, 2014 from Disney Hyperion

description:
What’s your worst nightmare?

For Ivy Jensen, it’s the eyes of a killer that haunt her nights. For Parker Bradley, it’s bloodthirsty sea serpents that slither in his dreams.

And for seven essay contestants, it’s their worst nightmares that win them an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at director Justin Blake’s latest, confidential project. Ivy doesn’t even like scary movies, but she’s ready to face her real-world fears. Parker’s sympathetic words and perfect smile help keep her spirits up. . . at least for now.

Not everyone is so charming, though. Horror-film fanatic Garth Vader wants to stir up trouble. It’s bad enough he has to stay in the middle of nowhere with this group—the girl who locks herself in her room; the know-it-all roommate; “Mister Sensitive”; and the one who’s too cheery for her own good. Someone has to make things interesting.

Except, things are already a little weird. The hostess is a serial-killer look-alike, the dream-stealing Nightmare Elf is lurking about, and the seventh member of the group is missing.

By the time Ivy and Parker realize what’s really at stake, it’s too late to wake up and run.


My Thoughts: I've actually never read this author before, but this sounds like too spooky and fun of a read to pass up.  There no guessing what's really going on here...but the whole thing sounds pretty trippy. Plus the cover is awesome.

10 comments :

  1. This sounds like something might like. Thanks for sharing.


    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this one! It sounds so fun - and scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. Definitely not. I hope you enjoy reading it, but scary stories MUST stay miles away from me. :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is actually quite a gorgeous cover. Amazing pick :D I hope you will love it when you get to read it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! Thanks for sharing.

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-unwept/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap, this sounds so awesome! I love that cover! Disney Hyperion is putting out some seriously amazing books lately. Thanks for the introduction!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, you're so right about the cover!!! I've read a bunch of her books, actually. In middle school I ADORED her Blue is for Nightmares series, though I don't know what I'd think of them today. :) She does creepy really well, though, so I can't wait to read this one!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this sounds like classic teen horror! It might be a little too dark for me, depending on the level of suspense. Love that cover, though! Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never read this author before wither - or heard of her for that matter, but this book sounds amazeballs and right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete