Friday, May 18, 2012

Guest Review: Until I Die by Amy Plum

Until I Die by Amy Plum

publisher: HarperTeen

release date: May 8th, 2012

hardcover, 357 pages

intended audience: Young adult

series: Revenants, book 2
(Becky's review of Die for Me)

rating:


source: From publisher for honest review
review: Amy

Spoiler Alert! Description and review may contain slight spoilers for book 1 in the series, Die For Me. If you haven't read it yet, Stop Here! :D

description: Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.

Review:

I don't know what it is specifically that drew me in to this series, but I am totally captivated by this book. Once again Amy Plum doesn't disappoint with her second book in what I am sure is a trilogy or more. I will say however she does leave you hanging waiting for the next book. Until I Die picks up right where Die For Me ended so seamlessly that I had to actually check the books to see where one ended and the other began to write this review.

Taking place on the streets of Paris I found myself whisked away to another country surrounded by old world meets the city of romance and that is exactly what Kate finds... love. And not just a love of a lifetime but the love of many lifetimes since that is all that a revenant can offer.
I love the idea behind Revenants and how wonderfully they define their lives and who they are. Not a vampire, but an immortal equal. It just leaves me questioning how Kate really will fall into the Revenants and their life path. This book helps define the parameters of Kate and Vincent's relationship and also that of the revenants; what they do and the choices that they must make to stay alive as well as that of their enemies ,which takes this book on more of a gripping adventure than that of just a Paris love story. I like that we get to see a lot of Kate's sister, Georgia, getting her involved in a lot of the mystery and adventure. It's a relief that this is not once again a story of girl meets boy, boy has a secret identity, girl drops everyone she knows and who she is to be with a boy. Kate still finds a way to stand strong alongside the revenants and even finds a way to help which is a fun turn on tradition as well.

Without giving any of this marvelous book away I will say this is one of my new favorite series. I was fortunate enough to read the two books back to back but the unfortunate part is I am left mourning the fact that I have to wait for the next book. Whether you loved the beautiful setting of Anna and the French Kiss or a love that spans eternity like Twilight, this series is defiantly a must read!

Visit Amy Plum's site: http://www.amyplumbooks.com

Purchase Until I Die at: AmazonBN.comBook Depository Indiebound

1 comment :

  1. Loved this book! It's definitely one of my favourite series now and I can't wait to see how it all ends!

    ReplyDelete