Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It lets us all gush about what soon-to-be released books we are jumping-up-and-down excited for. For my WoWs, I'll be choosing a Sooner (books released in the next month or so) and a Later (books further out). Here's what I'm eagerly anticipating:

Sooner:

Destiny's Fire
by Trisha Wolfe

hitting shelves January 10th, 2012 from Omnific Publishing


description: It’s the year 2040, and sixteen-year-old Dez Harkly is one of the last of her kind—part of a nearly extinct race of shape-shifters descended from guardians to the Egyptian pharaohs. Her home and her secret are threatened when the Council lowers the barrier, allowing the enemy race to enter the Shythe haven.

As the Narcolym airships approach, Dez and her friends rebel against their Council and secretly train for battle. Not only is Dez wary of war and her growing affection for her best friend Jace, but she fears the change her birthday will bring. When Dez’s newfound power rockets out of control, it’s a Narcolym who could change her fate… if she can trust him.

Dez’s guarded world crumbles when she discovers why the Narcos have really come to Haven Falls, and she's forced to choose between the race who raised her and the enemy she's feared her whole life.

My thoughts: A little bit paranormal, a little bit steampunk...and I'm pretty sure this one is going to be ALL awesome. Love the cover, too---so glad they changed it from the original one that was released!


Later:

The Savage Grace
by Bree Despain

hitting shelves March 13, 2012 from EgmontUSA

description: A troubled soul. An impossible choice. A final battle.

Wrestling with the werewolf curse pulsing deep inside of her, Grace Divine was finally able to find her brother, but it nearly cost her everything.

With her boyfriend, Daniel, stuck in wolf form and Sirhan's death approaching, time is running out for Grace to stop Caleb Kalbi and his gang of demons. If she fails, her family and hometown will perish. Everything rests on Grace's shoulders.

The final installment in The Dark Divine trilogy brings Daniel and Grace's love story to a breathtaking conclusion.

My thoughts: While I'm not a huge fan of this cover (the bright sherbety pink is pretty, but her body looks strangely contorted to me---and the font is not right..should match the first two books!), I AM a major fan of this series! The ending of book two was heart-stopping and I can't wait to see what happens next.

12 comments :

  1. Destiny's Fire sounds amazing :) !! I haven't read many steampunk novel but this one, I definitely need to order :) !!! Great pick Becky ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of Destiny's Fire before but it sounds amazing! And I haven't read anything from Bree Despain but I've heard loads of great things about her books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to continue the Dark Divine series soon, so I can read this one as well. And I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Destiny's Fire. I read Trisha's short story Unveiled and loved it! :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm currently reading Destiny's Fire and so far it's good :)


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep meaning to read Bree Despain's books. I love werewolf stories. But of course my list is so long I haven't even had the time to pick up the first one! I should get to that soon... Great picks!

    Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O I like the sound of Destiny's Fire!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad they changed the cover for Destiny's Fire! The other one was so gross LOL!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choices!! I am also looking forward to both of these books!!

    Happy reading and check out my waiting on Wednesday!!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-26-my-life-next.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Destiny's Fire looks so much better with the new cover. A definite read for me!
    Our WoW is at Book Sake. -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks!! Destinys Fire looks awesome!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Havent heard anything about this book. Great cover though

    ReplyDelete
  12. Destiny's Fire sounds kind of awesome! Adding it my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete