Thursday, December 23, 2010

Persnickety Snark's FIVE challenge 2010 - Great Series

There are some amazing series out there. Here are my top five that had releases this year (I included future covers if I could!) :

The Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater



Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl



Prophecy of the Sisters series by Michelle Zink



Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong



Fallen Series by Lauren Kate


(If you'd like to see my reviews for these, go to the Reviews tab at the top...all reviews are listed alphabetically!)

This one was definitely a hard one to pare down, because there are so many great YA series out there! There are also a ton more series that just started this year that I am highly anticipating the sequels---but I kind of thought I should have read at least two of them to call myself a fan of the "series", right?? The Body Finder, Shadow Hills, The Ghost and the Goth, Hex Hall...you'll probably see all of these on next years FIVE challenge!!

Find out more about Persnickety Snark's FIVE Challenge here!

6 comments :

  1. oh don't worry - I just read the series last month, I was one of the last people on the Hunger Games band wagon too :)

    I LOVED Kelley Armstrong's darkest powers series. I actually read them after I went to one of her book signing for Waking the Witch.. but supposedly she is coming back to town in April so I will get all my Darkest Powers books signed too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Shiver series. I just started the Prophechy of the Sisters series and love that, too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Darkest Powers series are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gosh, i love the covers for the Shiver series,also the Fallen series (zomg *pretty*). the only ones ive read was The Darkest Powers and loved it! nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read Shiver, but have yet to read Linger because I've heard mix things about it. I loved Shiver so much that I don't want the bubble to burst.

    Oh, and I definitely hope to read Prophecy of the Sisters series soon.

    Great list.

    ReplyDelete