Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Drought

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It lets us all gush about what soon-to-be released books we are jumping-up-and-down excited for.

Drought
by Pam Bachorz


releasing January 11th, 2010 by Egmont USA

description from goodreads:
Ruby Prosser dreams of escaping the Congregation and the early-nineteenth century lifestyle that’s been practiced since the community was first enslaved.

She plots to escape the vicious Darwin West, his cruel Overseers, and the daily struggle to gather the life-prolonging Water that keeps the Congregants alive and gives Darwin his wealth and power. But if Ruby leaves, the Congregation will die without the secret ingredient that makes the Water special: her blood.
So she stays.

But when Ruby meets Ford, the new Overseer who seems barely older than herself, her desire for freedom is too strong. He’s sympathetic, irresistible, forbidden—and her only access to the modern world. Escape with Ford would be so simple, but can Ruby risk the terrible price, dooming the only world she’s
ever known?

My thoughts: I'm always game for a really cool cover. This one is so eerie and intense. Love it. The story sounds just as riveting, so I will definitely be checking this one out.

5 comments :

  1. Ooh, sounds quite creepy but I like it! Eye-catching cover as well. I keep a lookout for this, great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a really good book. The premise sort of reminds me of The Village. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you - this looks and sounds like an eerie book! I'm curious. Very curious. Awesome choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree! I'm crazy about the cover as I am about the plot!

    Happy reading!
    -leslie:)
    http://www.booksandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete