Sunday, January 21, 2018

New Shelf Goodies {195}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) .  My Sunday post is also where I'll share a little recap of my week, the books I've currently got my nose in and such. ;)

Here's too lovely books that have recently landed on my doorstep:
(coming April 3rd 2018, Sourcebooks)
You know, this book wasn't really on my radar until it landed in my mailbox, but I'm so glad it did! It looks cute and fun and I'm now really looking forward to it! Yay for unsolicited surprises :D

(coming March 6th 2018, Balzer & Bray)
Though I had some pretty mixed feelings about Of Fire and Stars, I still can't help but be excited for this story set in the same world (I think?), because the synopsis sounds amazing. Here's hoping! ;)


So, since I've been away for these past few months, don't think I haven't still been reading (and listening LOL) away! I'm planning to catch up on reviewing some of my recent reads. I'm usually reading one and listening to another simultaneously.  I find I'm doing a lot of audiobooks lately because its easy to just listen and enjoy while I'm sewing away! My son even got me some really nice wireless headphones for Christmas for just this purpose so I could stop nearly strangling myself every time I got up and moved around my craft table LOL. A few notable ones: Gentleman of Vice and Virtue is an outstanding audio. Love the reader (spoiler, its Christian Coulson, Tom Riddle himself. He was perfect for the voice of Monty!). Also, Hunting Prince Dracula---if you guys haven't tried this series on audio, DO. It's amazing. Nicola Barber is a phenomenal narrator.  Right now I'm reading Chainbreaker (eee, so glad to be back with these characters.) and I just finished up listening to Mary Weber's Evaporation of Sofi Snow.  Next up I'm planning to dive into Daughter of the Siren Queen and I can't wait! Looooved book one. ♥

Ok, all---have a great week. Don't forget to pop in to my previous post and enter to win a book of your choice! 

0 comments :

Post a Comment