Monday, May 8, 2017

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {190}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)

Here were all my mailbox treasures this week!
For review:
Odd & True  by Cat Winters
Eeeeeeeeee! When one of your very favorite authors writes a victorian Supernatural-style sister story and it lands on your doorstep, that is definitely worthy of a happy dance! :D
Local-to-me author and a cool looking Scott Pilgrim vibe---so excited for this one!!
The Traitor's Kiss by Erin Beaty
Gorgeous finished copy---not sure this will be for me, but eager to try it out!
Elizabeth and Zenobia  by Jessica Miller
New friends and ghosts and creepy old mansions---sounds good to me!
The Lie Tree & A Face Like Glass by Frances Hardinge
Been wating to try out this author's fantasy--these both look interesting!

Thanks so much to Macmillan and Amulet Books for these!


The Weekly Nutshell
 So my lone post this week was of course my WoW pick, featuring the adorable looking contemp, Prince in Disguise by Stephanie Kate Strohm.  I finished up Umberland, so hopefully my review will be up this week. I started Carmer and Grit and The Best Kind of Magic, both of which are just adorable reads so far. Very excited to continue with both. 

Honestly, guys, not much else to impart this week LOL. Just lots of reading and sewing and working. My department has been "under new management" I guess you could say, and it's been a stressful couple of weeks that I hope will all shake out and settle down eventually. 

I went to Amazon to get some shipping supplies for my etsy shop, and ended up with a trial subscription to Amazon Prime---I've got 30 days, what shows should I be streaming?? Suggestions, please! :D

Happy reading, everyone! ♥

0 comments :

Post a Comment