Sunday, March 19, 2017

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {185}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)


A very small, but mighty haul this week! :D
Look at this gorgeous thing! :D I was such a huge fan of Mary Weber's debut fantasy series, Storm Siren, and I couldn't be more excited about this new sci-fi adventure!!  Thanks so much to Mary and Thomas Nelson Books for sending this copy my way!!


The Weekly Nutshell
So this week I featured a completely gorgeous upcoming fantasy titled An Enchantment of Ravens as my Waiting on Wednesday pick---the story sounds so fascinating and I only hope it is as beautiful as that cover! I also reviewed The Dragon's Price, a great fantasy with just a couple of issues for me, but still really enjoyable!   I started reading Dream Magic, the sequel to one of my favorite books of last year, Shadow Magic, and really enjoying it so far! So great to be back with these characters.  In the midst of that, I stumbled into starting The Beast is an Animal and was completely sucked into it. It's a story as bizarre as they come LOL---you'll hear more about my thoughts on this one this coming week. 

Life-wise, it was pretty mellow this week! Hope that continues! Did anyone get a change to see Beauty and the Beast on it's first few days out?? What did you think? I'll see it soon, I can't stand to sit in really crowded theatres so I'll be waiting a few weeks.  But I hope it's wonderful! :D 

Sending warm thoughts to those still braving the ice and snow on the east coast!  
Happy & cozy reading, everyone!  

0 comments :

Post a Comment