Sunday, March 5, 2017

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {184}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)


A few lovely things came to my door this week:
The Possible by Tara Altebrando
What Goes Up by Katie Kennedy
Song of the Current by Sarah Tolcser
Garden of Thorns by Amber Mitchell
Excited for each and every one this week! Bloomsbury kindly sent those first three beauties for review. All look fantastic and such a fun variety!  Super excited for Garden of Thorns, it looks like such a twisted and romantic fantasy---and also stop in Monday for a guest post introduction to the characters and a giveaway! 


The Weekly Nutshell
This week on the blog I featured Odd & True as my WoW, a book that I am ridiculously excited about because well, I adore Cat Winters' creepy historical writing.  I posted the March Release List & Giveaway---so many great looking books coming out this month! And lastly, I shared my thoughts on Tricia Levenseller's Daughter of the Pirate King. Seriously, if you haven't read this one yet, make time. It's so fun and a perfect adventurous escape.  
This week I'm reading The Dragon's Price, and it's pretty good. Some ups and downs , LOL.   I was listening to Ever the Hunted but my file glitched up and lost my place, and honestly I wasn't invested enough in the story to try to find where I left off. I've just start listening to The Girl from Everywhere, so hopefully I'll fare better with that one ;D.  I finally watched Moana with my family tonight! Yay, I loved it, such great music, a beautiful story, and it really made me want to go back to polynesian dancing!  Also, only 13 days to Beauty and the Beast, people!! The countdown has begun! :D 

Hope you all have a great week!

0 comments :

Post a Comment