Sunday, February 26, 2017

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {183}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)

Well, this post is running a little late this week because up until a few hours ago I didn't have a working computer...so here we go!

SO it was an MG kind of week this week! I have to say I'm pretty excited for all of these! Carmer & Grit looks like such fun (fairies and magicians and such!!) and I'm always excited to check out anything by Sarah Beth Durst, she's a favorite of mine. Same with Gardenia by Kesley Sutton, I initially thought this was another MG in verse, and was super eager to read it because I loved her last one The Lonely Ones, but this is a new YA from her! That's awesome, too! Love her writing, always so atmospheric. And speaking of atmospheric---I am WAY excited for The Wood; time portals and creepy forests? That could not be more my kind of thing!! 

Many thanks to Penguin, Macmillan, Algonquin, Diversion Books, and the fabulous Sarah Beth Durst for sending these my way!

The Weekly Nutshell:
SO another week with only one post. Sorry about that! Basically my computer went from sort of working to completely dead. My son played some game on it that just completely ate it---it won't even turn on past the start-up screen.  Haha, I even did my WoW post this week using my tablet, and realized that's a bit of a nightmare. So off to shop for a new computer I went. Acquired, set up, and so now I'm ready to go again. 
This week I finished up reading Daughter of a Pirate King. SO fun, my review will hopefully be up in the next few days. Right now I'm reading The Dragon's Price and loving it so far, too.  

Hope everyone is having a great week!

0 comments :

Post a Comment