Sunday, September 25, 2016

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {172}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)


Posting this a little later than usual but I got such lovely things this week, I didn't want to miss spotlighting them! Here's what dropped on my doorstep this week:
From publishers:
So excited to have lovely finished copies of these!! 
These look super cute, and though I loved the artsy original cover, these are so pretty, too!
Curious about this! It's not my usual type but it's got some great ratings! Might have to give it a try!

Huge thanks to Harper Voyager, Simon & Schuster, Tor Teen, Chronicle Books, and Bloomsbury for these!

This gorgeous subscription box was curated by A.G. Howard and I've been wanting to pick up her new book, The Architect of Song, so this buy was a no brainer for me! I'm so glad I ordered it---the heart pendant is gorgeous, the journal is so butter-soft and pretty (plus I just love journals--there's something about the potential of blank pages waiting to be filled :D), the soap smells like fresh gardenias, and ink and quill set are so elegant, and well, chocolate. I'm all ready to curl up for Fall with all this fun stuff. 
September Uppercase YA Box
I am so, so grateful for the amazing customer service from Uppercase Box. I'm not a regular subscriber, but when I saw this box on Twitter, with one of my favorite books of the year (check out my review of The Forgetting here) plus the super cute bag that's just a must-have for any library girl like me, I immediately wrote in to see if I could still nab one. They graciously let me put in a last minute gift subscription order and made sure I got this one instead of next month's. It arrived not even a week later!  Such great customer service, so thanks again Uppercase Box!! ♥♥♥


The Weekly Nutshell
recent posts:
Guest Post with Sarah Beth Durst: All About Renthia
Waiting on Wednesday: The Leaf Reader
Ghostly Echoes Review & Full Series Giveaway!!

Kind of a relaxing week, this past week, so that's been nice! I finished reading Queen of Blood so I'll be reviewing that this coming week. I'm about halfway through Every Hidden Thing and loving it! I know last week I was planning to start Three Dark Crowns but after Queen of Blood I wanted a little break from high fantasy and something a little less dark (because OH MAN the ending of Queen of Blood was pretty brutal lol) and Every Hidden Thing has been just the perfect thing.  Three Dark Crowns soon though! LOL  I've been seeing some pretty mixed feelings about it though, so I'm a little nervous--but we'll see. :) 

Have a great week, everyone! :D


0 comments :

Post a Comment