Friday, June 10, 2016

Old Books, New Looks {17}

Time again for another round of Old Books, New Looks, where I feature the covers of books that have already been released and their redesigned paperback counterpart! :) Sometimes I like the new better, sometimes I like the old.  It's actually not often that I do two of these post so close together but I've been finding a lot of these lately! Here we go:



  The OLDIES   vs.  The NEWBIES 
GASP!! It's not often this happens, but I LOVE THEM BOTH. 

I haven't read this series yet, but I've heard there's great humor in it.  Both quirky covers fit that, but I think I like the illustrated one just a bit more! 

Oh this is one that I definitely think the makeover was a big improvement!! I love the new one!

Are we seeing a bit of a theme here?  Illustrated covers are making a huge comback and I'm actually loving it. I do like the eeriness of the original, and I think it looks more like a YA book than the new one, but I LOVE the redesigned title font. 

I love both of these, too. The original was so deliciously creepy with the contrast of pretty flowers and old boards and I love the titlework.  But I also love the  new cover that sets the time and place and seeing her booking it out of that graveyard really sets the eerie tone!
I'm not super crazy about either, but I do like the new one better. The old one never really appealed to me. 

Design-wise, I would say the new is an improvement---but if you read the synopsis of this book, the happy little jar of fireflies seems a little too lighthearted for how intense the story sounds.



What say you?? Old or new? :D


0 comments :

Post a Comment