Sunday, June 26, 2016

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {166}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)

Aaaaand I'm back :D Sorry about the unannounced radio silence there, guys! I don't like to announce when my house will be empty--internet safety 101, people! :D But I was away on a fabulous vacation and family visit to sunny (and hot and suffocatingly humid) Florida!   Despite the heat, we had an amazing time and I miss it already.   Here was my view for the past 8 days:
Such a pretty place--I l♥♥♥ve all the white sandy beaches and the mossy trees. It's unlike anything we have here on the West Coast! Disney World was fun but just so overwhelming! I think I've come to realize I'm a Disneyland person haha. Oh, and a huge shout-out to Rachel @ Paper Cuts for being my Disney guru! If you ever want tips on how to tackle DisneyWorld, she is the one to ask! Thanks, girlie!!


And then, I came back to this loveliness!! I think picking up mail after a vacation hold is probably the best thing EVER. :)

And here are the bookish goodies that were inside! 
For review:
Ok, so if you remember, this was also in my last haul post. Yes, this is a duplicate. Hm...what to do, what to do...giveaway? Epic trade?  Hehe, we'll see! :D
Ah, so excited to read this MG! It looks like just my kind of thing!!

Trades:
Eeee, one of my most anticipated books this year. So happy to have this in my hands!!
SO pretty. ♥.♥  I love the little fox :D And this sounds like another fabulous Tahereh story! :D

And then there was THIS. OH how I do feel like the luckiest person on earth to have won this amazing prize pack!! The fabulous Martina Boone gave this away during the BEA #YAParty and the book gods were smiling down upon me that day :D I love this so much, the bag, the necklace, all the pretty charm bookmarks! Each book is signed with a sweet personal message and I'm just feeling so grateful & honored to have one the very few Illusion ARCs that will be made! :D  Thank you, Martina and Simon & Schuster!! Thank you X 1000!!


(So, some of those packages above were beauty stuffs ;) On a side note, I've been tossing around the idea of adding some beauty reviews and unboxings here, because between daughter and I, we get lots of beauty mail as well! Would anyone be interested in seeing that?) 


The Weekly Nutshell
On the reading front, during my vacation I read The Lonely Ones by Kelsey Sutton. SO much love for this. After that, I got back to My Lady Jane, which I started a few weeks ago, but had to put aside to get some deadline books read.  Still really enjoying it and I'm nearly done now.  Next up is...well, I haven't decided yet. I have so many books that I'm crazy excited to read hanging out on my shelf right now. I feel like I'm literally going to have to reach out to my bookshelves blindfolded to make the decision on what to dive into next!! Plus my daughter read Everland on vacation and is so completely in love with it and begging me to read it, so that's another contender. :)


How about you all? Any summer vacation plan or recent trips? And what books will you be reading on those get-aways? :D


0 comments :

Post a Comment