Sunday, April 24, 2016

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {162}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)


So getting these posts up every two weeks is about par for these last few months. :/  Here's the two week's worth of mail goodies:
From trade:
Mr. Fahrenheit by T. Michael Martin

For review:
Wild Swans by Jessica Spotswood
Rose & Thorn by Sarah Prineas
Kingdom of Ash & Briar by Hannah West
Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
Foxheart by Claire Legrand
Bright Smoke, Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge

So, guys, I'm not even going to try to separate these out because I'm equally and ecstatically excited about each and every one. Basically my week consisted of me fawning over these, staring at them all moony-eyed, a petting them full-on Golem style..."my precioussss".  Lets just says they all had had to be cleaned of fingerprints before their photoshoot due to me picking them up like precious babies all week. :D 

Many many lovely thanks to Molly, Sourcebooks, Holiday House, and Harper Collins for all these gorgeous things!!


The Weekly Nutshell
{Tuesday} Waiting on...Queen of Blood by Sarah Beth Durst
{Wednesday} Review: Pull by Anne Riley
{Friday} Review: The Land of 10,000 Madonnas by Kate Hattemer

So just a quick few comments here on the past week because I'm getting up early tomorrow with the family to go the Highland Games (squee---english toffee & shortbread, here I come!).  We're winding down to the end of our renovations, which is suuuch a nice break.   I'm finally starting to get back to reading more, although this week I was completely distracted with following TxLA tweets---so depressing since I had planned to go but that fell through because LIFE. ugh.
On the reading front, I read Land of 10,000 Madonnas and unfortunately it wasn't for me. And of course, getting through it when I wasn't enjoying it was made even harder by the arrival of such glorious things in the mail (see above lol).  When that was done, I dove into Shadow Magic and I am loving it so much so far. Also on my agenda this week is The Star Touched Queen, and I am so excited to start it.

What lovely things did you get this week? And what book are you enjoying (or not) right now??

0 comments :

Post a Comment