Sunday, April 10, 2016

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {161}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)


Here's what graced my mailbox these last two weeks!
From Trade:
A Drop of Night by Stefan Bachman
Gorgeous cover, fantasy horror set in a historic palace--what's not to be excited about? 

Won:
Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova
Urban fantasy featuring Latin American magic?? Yes please! :D 

For Review:
Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige
I loved Dorothy Must Die and can't wait to see what Paige does with the Snow Queen!
Lotus & Thorn by Sara Wilson Etienne
Eee, this so gorgeous and looks like a wonderful fantasy adventure!
Ruined by Amy Tintera
High fantasy and espionage! This looks fun!
What Light by Jay Asher
Christmas trees, love, and redemption. :) This sounds like a charmer. 

Huge thanks to Sourcebooks, Penguin, Harper Teen, and Bloomsbury for all these lovely things to review!


The Weekly Nutshell
{Tuesday} Waiting on...The Graces by Laure Eve
{Wednesday} Review: Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
{Friday} Sadly...setting aside (DNF reviews)

Not much of anything going on this week on the reading front---we're doing some major work on the house right now so that's really all I've had time and energy for! :(  I try to pick up a book at the end of the night and usually end up face down in it LOL.  Nearly done, though, thankfully, so I'm hoping to get back to business as usual early this week! 

Hope everyone is having a lovely spring--though I've heard some seem to still be in midwinter, while others (like me) seem to be going from rain one day to 85 degrees the next!! 

Happy reading, all! :D 

0 comments :

Post a Comment