Sunday, March 27, 2016

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {160}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)


My lovely bookish goodies this week:

For review:
The Peculiar Haunting of Thelma Bee
This looks so fun! Creepy MG with great illustrations (always a sucker for illustrations lol) and a pretty irresistable comparison to Stars Hollow, Ghostbusters, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer! :D
And I Darken by Kiersten White
Heir to the Sky by Amanda Sun
These two are both duplicates for me, but I'm super excited for both just the same!!
The Land of 10,000 Madonnas by Kate Hattemer
European road trip story of 5 teens memorializing their friend. I'm pretty excited for this one. 
Learning to Swear in America by Katie Kennedy
I don't usually go for the "astroid coming at earth" scenario, but this sounds witty and fun (how can it not be with this funny title and cover!), told from a teen physicist prodigy whose trying to save the world. 
Chasing Stars by Helen Dounglas
I hadn't heard of this until it showed up today! Time travel romance for fans of Claudia Gray, Amie Kaufman, & Meagan Spooner---heyyyy, that's me! :D

From Trade/Gifted
The Marked Girl by Lindsey Klingele
Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke
The first is from a fantastic trade. You all know how much I love WPM, so I used a recent gift card to purchase a gorgeous pettable finished copy. Both from the lovely Britt. Love you, lady!!

Many thanks to Mighty Media, Random House & Harlequin Teen for the review books!


The Weekly Nutshell
{Tuesday} Wink Poppy Midnight Book Birthday Giveaway!
{Wednesday} Waiting on Wednesday: Kingdom of Ash and Briars

So I feel a bit bad about the lack of review this week. Life is just not letting my brain settle enough to sit down and write the 3 or 4 reviews that I need to! :( I'm still sick and I would do anything to just. stop. coughing.  Plus some house stuff, a bathroom reno, kidlet home for spring break, Easter baking...you know. The usual suspects that make getting to this blog just a bit challenging!  
So since my last Nutshell post two weeks ago, I've set aside Firstlife. Ugh, my second DNF this month.  More on that later.  I started Behind the Canvas, which is a fun MG so far about an entire world hidden behind paintings, and I'm reading Broken Crowns, which finishes out (I think?) the Internment Chronicles . Really enjoyed this series.

So what are you reading this week? What's the last book you DNFed (if you do that--I know some will stick it out to the very end no matter what lol)?


0 comments :

Post a Comment