Sunday, February 7, 2016

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {155}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)


Pretties...
Traded for:
The Siren by Kiera Cass
For being such a well-known author I feel like I haven't heard much feedback for this one! I'm very excited to read it, though!

For Review:
Time Stoppers by Carrie Jones
 I haven't read this author since her very first book, Need, but this MG is looking fantastic!
Exile for Dreamers by Kathleen Baldwin
Eeee, so excited for this. While I enjoyed the first book in this series, I loved the character that this companion focuses on. Yay for more Tess!
Some of the Parts by Hannah Barnaby
Curious about this one, it's an interesting premise but one that's been done before, so I'm not sure! I'll probably wait to see a few more trusted reviews before taking on this one. 
The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner
OK. So I don't read much contemp, but with the reader reactions I've been seeing to this book, I don't think it's one I want to miss. 


Many thanks to Bloomsbury Kids, Tor Teen, and Random House for these! And to the lovely Jane for trading with me! :D


The Weekly Nutshell:
{Monday} What's New February YA Releases & Giveaway
{Tuesday} Waiting on...Lotus & Thorn by Sara Wilson Etienne
{Thursday} Guest post featuring Annabeth Neverending + Cupcakes!

 It's going to be in the 70s here this week. Sunny and 70s!! I'm torn, I love Winter and wish it would stay just a bit longer, but I'm looking forward to Spring, too I guess. Speaking of Winter...audiobook, still slowly working my way through and just absolutely loving it. I've found myself sitting in my car and extra few minutes after I get where I'm going just to finish whatever amazing scene I'm caught up in (apologies to my boss for being late to work LOL).  I read Heir and the Spare last week, which was just fun and a bit fluffy, but really good---my full review will be up this week.  Now I'm reading Passenger, 100 or so pages in and loving it so far. Which is good, because I know I've seen a few people warn of a slow beginning and I was worried! 

Hope you are all getting some great reading done this week! :D

0 comments :

Post a Comment