Thursday, January 14, 2016

Old Books, New Looks {15}

Time again for another round of Old Books, New Looks, where I feature the covers of books that have already been released and their redesigned paperback counterpart! :) Sometimes I like the new better, sometimes I like the old. Here's a few that I've come across lately:



  The OLDIES   vs.  The NEWBIES 
Why? First one is really beautiful, gives you a sense of the story and the setting---you get none of that in the new cover, it's just very generic and plain.  

I like the original better on these, the simple silhouette against the giant moon---the new one is okay, though it looks just like the Elusion series. 

Both are okay, but I like how interesting the original was compared to the somewhat ordinary run-of-the-mill "glaring girl" cover. 

I don't like either. Maybe they make more sense after you've read the story?

Both of these are actually stunning, and while I do like the new just a little better, I think it makes it look like an adult novel. 

The first cover never really appealed to me, and I think I like this new one a bit better. Though the blood grosses me out a bit, it definitely hints that something is about to go horribly wrong with that sweetener. :) 

While the first cover was definitely prettier, the new one is definitely more interesting and gives more hint as to what the story is about. 


So what do you think? Oldies or Newbies? 

0 comments :

Post a Comment