Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {150}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)


So here's what graced my doorstep this week! It's a gorgeous stack, though many of them are duplicates, so I'll be giving away some, trading some, donating some...we'll see!
Traded for:
Air Awakens by Elise Kova
Guys, the rave reviews will not stop tempting me to this one, so I found myself a copy!! Woohoo! :D Wow, it's just gorgeous, too. 

For review: 
Firstlife by Gena Showalter
Eeee, so incredibly excited for this one!!
Assassin's Heart by Sara Ahiers*
Behold the Bones by Natalie C. Parker
Anyone know if this can be read alone? Or do I need to read Beware the Wild first? It looks fantastic!
The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine*
A duplicate, but still so freaking excited to read this. ;)
Banished by Kimberly Griffiths Little
The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows*
ditto what I said about Shadow Queen...
Bluescreen by Robison Wells*
Revenge and the Wild by Michelle Modesto*
ditto again :D
Traveler by Arwen Elys Dayton
 I didn't read the first to this series---anyone recommend?

*duplicates

SO many lovely thanks to Harlequin Teen, Harper Collins, and Random House for these!!


The Weekly Nutshell: 
{Wednesday} Waiting on Wednesday: Wild Swans by Jessica Spotswood
{Thursday} Goodbye 2015: A Baker's Dozen of Favorite Reads
{Friday} What's New: January New Releases & Giveaway

It was just a nice week! ♥ The New Year was welcomed in with loving arms, a few tears, and lots of yummy food on New Years day (and the day after hehe). I have a new favorite cookie recipes and I'll be sharing that with you all tomorrow! :D  Did all my fellow Sherlock fans catch the special episode?? It was just incredible, IMO. Such a perfect episode with so many surprises and it just makes me all the more crazy that we have to wait another YEAR before season 4. UUUGH.  

Still reading Their Fractured Light but we've had some house projects cutting into my reading time--sigh. But I'm loving it, and I'm happy to savoring this last installment nice and slowly. :)

What lovely things did you get or are you reading this week?
Have a great week, everyone! :D

0 comments :

Post a Comment