Sunday, September 27, 2015

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {142}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)


These lovelies are from the last two weeks:
For review:
Stone Field by Christy Linzi
The Girl in the Tower by Lisa Schroeder
The Inn Between by Marina Cohen
Behind the Canvas by Alexander Vance
The Yearbook by Carol Masciola
Sweet Madness by Trisha Leaver & Lindsay Currie
The Heir and the Spare by Emily Albright
The Midnight Dolls by Kiki Sullivan
Catacomb by Madeleine Roux
Sounds by Alexandra Duncan
This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee
The Tattooed Heart by Michael Grant

Huge thanks to Macmillan, Merit Press, & Harper Collins for these!


From Trades:
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray
Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor

Huge tackle hugs to Kelli & Britt for trading with me! :D


The Weekly Nutshell:
So I've been a bit absent these past weeks, aside from my pre-scheduled WoW post.  My family suffered a huge loss---my beautiful, bright-shining, creative, inspiring, and so incredibly loving auntie lost her battle with breast cancer and her passing has left a huge hole in my heart. I honestly haven't been up to doing much of anything, but I'm slowing trying to get myself moving again. I'm not sharing this for sympathy or anything, but to remind everyone out there reading this to hug your loved ones often, never take for granted ever precious day you have with them, and for those of you who are nearing 40, GO GET THOSE MAMMOGRAMS! It's not fun in any way, shape, or form, but a few minutes of an uncomfortable and awkward test can give you a leg up on this horrible disease.

Be safe, be healthy, and happy reading ♥ 

0 comments :

Post a Comment