Sunday, September 13, 2015

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {141}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)


OH the bookish goodness...
For review:
Pretty much all of these required happy dancing, and if I hadn't been so exhausted and sore this week, I would have. :D

From trades:
Newt's looks awesome and I loved the first book in the Light Key series by Tracy Clark!

Gifted: 
Eee! Now that I have both books, I'm looking forward to devouring this duology retelling of Phantom! :D

Many thanks to Penguin & Harper Collins for the lovely review books, and to those who traded me this week!

I'm a bit of a sucker for fancy finishes on ARCs :) So I wanted to share with everyone just how GORGEOUS the embossing on The Dark Days Club is:
Not only did Penguin greatly improve on the Aussie cover for this book, they knocked it out of the park!! :D  Hurray for pettable covers!


The Weekly Nutshell:
Well it was pretty silent around here this week.  This mini kitchen remodel I mentioned last week turned into a bit of a bigger and more time consuming project than expected. It was still fun though, although I am still a bit sore from ripping up a floor and relaying tile. Still, Hubs and I love doing that kind of DIY home improvement stuff, and it's always worth it in the end :) 
 I got zippo reviewing done this week because of all that, but I did finish reading Ash & Bramble (oooh, it's a good one!) and now I'm about 100 pages into The Wanderers (good story so far but having a little trouble getting into the writing style). Next up is Drift & Dagger, I read the first few pages today and am already drawn in. 

Oh, and the one post I did manage to get up this week was my WoW pick: The Casquette Girls by Alys Arden. This looks gorgeous

Have a wonderful week, everyone!

0 comments :

Post a Comment