Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It lets us all gush about what soon-to-be released books we are jumping-up-and-down excited for.

The Art of Wishing
by Lindsay Ribar

hitting shelves March 21st, 2013 from Dial Books for Young Readers

description:
Margo McKenna has a plan of attack for everything, from landing the lead in her high school musical to dealing with her increasingly absent parents. But when she finds herself in possession of a genie's ring and the opportunity to make three wishes, she doesn't know what to do. Especially since Oliver--not blue-skinned, not bottle-dwelling, but a genie nonetheless--can see more than what she's willing to show him. With one peek into her mind, he can see the wishes that even Margo herself doesn't know she wants.

But Oliver comes with more than just mind-reading abilities, a flair for magic, and the prettiest eyes Margo's ever seen. Someone from his past is hunting him--someone bent on killing him, along with all the other genies in the world, for the sake of honor. And as Margo soon discovers, it will take more than three wishes to save him.

A whole lot more.

My thoughts: Who can resist such a completely amazing cover? Not me!! Genies!! How awesome is that? Not a paranormal being you see much, and especially not in the form of a hottie with pretty eyes...so I'm really excited to see how this story plays out! 

18 comments :

  1. I adore this premise! It sounds cute with this mix of magic! Cannot wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Genie books, I've never read one of thise before and the cover is sooooo pretty as well!

    Here's what i'm waiting on

    and check out my awesome YA giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cute cover! And it's about Genies! Can't wait for this book to come out.

    -Koice/ ICE

    http://bookwhales.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really good... Nice pick..

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3369

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds really cute and I like the cover too. It's new-to-me, so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADORE this cover!!! I wouldn't be able to resist it, for sure! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds awesome and the cover is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This cover is so pretty! I've not heard of this before, but I think I'm going to have to check it out when it's released!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't resist wishes! I've always thought having 3 would be SO hard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! This looks like a great story. I'm putting this on my tbr. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awh this looks like a cute one :) What an awesome pick, I'll have to check it out! Thanks for sharing :)

    Anna @ Literary Exploration
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds really good! You don't see too much about genies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love genies! And this book definitely stands out from the crowd - plus the cover is awesome! Definitely can't wait to read it - fab pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the concept of genies! :D

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-20-fairest-beauty.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oohh this sounds like a fun read. :) Nice pick! x]

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I haven't heard anything about this book but it sounds good and this cover is so cute :D ! Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my blog !

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cover looks really beautiful!! Awesome pick :)

    ReplyDelete