Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It lets us all gush about what soon-to-be released books we are jumping-up-and-down excited for.

Witches of East End
by Melissa de la Cruz


releasing June 21, 2011 by Disney-Hyperion

description:
The two novels will follow the lives of the Beauchamp girls, who live in the fictional town of North Hampton, as they struggle to stop an arch nemesis and restore the delicate balance between good and evil. De la Cruz will weave characters from her best-selling Blue Bloods young adult series into this new paranormal series for adults.

My thoughts: Ok, so, despite having never read any of the Blue Blood novels (I've always meant to) and despite this being an adult novel (oh, wait, I am one of those, aren't I? hehe), I find myself completely drawn to this one! Getting in at the beginning of a series about witchy sisters restoring the balance between good and evil sounds awesome to me.  And of course, this stunning cover doesn't hurt either.  I am hoping to read a few of the Blue Blood novels before this one hits shelves so I can be excited to see the characters cross over into this book and also so I can see the contrast between Melissa De La Cruz for YA and Melissa De La Cruz for Adults.  

14 comments :

  1. I haven't read any of her books either and been wanting too so here they go right up on my list thats getting out of control lol.


    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Melissa's previous work (I mean to..but never got around to do it hehe) but I'm all for witches! I like the cover too :)

    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on this one, it sound awesome and while I have not read a lot of Melissa's work, I think this is one I will be picking up too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read all but the last two Blue Bloods novels. I am curious to see how she will write for adults. It looks like a book that would appeal to fans of Charmed as well. I will probably get it from the library and give it a try. The one thing I can't stand about her books is all the fashion name-dropping and I have a feeling it will be worse in a book for adults. She can tell an entertaining story though. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of this one, but I wasn't sure I could read it having never read the Blue Bloods series, but if you're going to read it and haven't read those books, then I guess I can too! Yay!

    I didn't know it was an adult book either.

    Great pick & I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick. I hadn't heard of either series. Must be living under a rock. Thanks for sharing.

    New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just added this one to my list this week, great pick. I've never read anything by Melissa De La Cruz but I really want to read this one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any books by Melissa as well. But this one involves witches, so I'll definitely buy this one. Thanks for sharing ;) here's my WoW for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! I've been seeing this one around a lot lately. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Blue Blood series, but I may give this one a try. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read the first 4 of the Blue Blood series and they're good! I can't wait for this one either.

    My WoW for this week is here: The Reading Housewives

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's not YA? Ah, don't mind, love those adult ones too. :) Love the cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This cover looks gorgeous !! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Lonestar! Great pick! DYING for this one!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coool choice :)

    Here is what I was wishing for Wednesday

    ReplyDelete