Sunday, January 30, 2011

In My Mailbox {52}

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, where we all share what we got during the week!

Got some fun stuff this week...and Ta-da!!...stuck to my book-buying ban! The copy of Entangled is a purchase, but I ordered it weeks ago. Took ages to get to me...I mean it usually takes Book Depository a little longer to get books to me, but 18 days?? I was starting to get worried. Still, it's made it now and it's gorgeous, so I'm grateful. :)

For Review:
The Darlings are Forever by Melissa Kantor
This one looks sweet and light---I'll need something like this after what I'm reading now.

The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney
I've been excited for this one for ages. Can't wait to dive in.

Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright
This one, if I understand correctly, is a novelization of the upcoming movie, written simultaneously to filming. The fun thing is the book does not include the last chapter---to keep from spoiling the movie ending, the last chapter will be release on the website to coincide with the movie release. Pretty excited about the book...and the movie!

Entangled by Cat Clarke
Love this book, amazing stuff. You can read my review here.

(Many thanks to Hyperion CH, Flux Books, and Little,Brown Books for the review copies!)

So, that is all for me! Hope everyone had a wonderful book week!

This week on Stories & Sweeties:
~I'll be reviewing Drought and hopefully finish and review The Book of Tomorrow.
~Last few days to enter the January New Reads Giveaway!!

21 comments :

  1. Oooh, great mailbox! I love the sound of The Iron Witch, it sounds so good~ I hope you enjoy all of your books and congrats on sticking to your book ban!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mailbox. Lucky you don't need to spend money to get books :( I've seen The Iron Witch everywhere, I should check it out. Anyway have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job not buying books! That's really good of you!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic looking books. That's a bit strange about Red Riding Hood not having a last chapter available until the movie is out, that would get on my nerves if I'd read the book and had to wait for the last chapter! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great books! I just finished The Iron Witch and it was fab! (Xan was just so gorgeous).

    The Book Depository UK can take that long, and sometimes longer to get books to me even though i'm in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Entangled and The Iron Witch, and I'm looking forward to seeing Red Riding Hood. Sounds awesome! Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, great reads this week! I so want to read THE IRON WITCH and ENTANGLED! I hope you enjoy them!

    Check out my mailbox this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got amazing books this week! They're all on my wishlist! I can't wait to read what you tjjought about them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome books this week! I won a copy of The Iron Witch, but I haven't recieved it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love coming back here every weekend and catch up on what I've missed. Seriously love this site.

    You got Red Riding Hood also :) I can't wait and tell me is that not the most amazing cover ever!

    Mine is up at Aisle B so come around and bring a cupcake!
    http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/3010445979/in-my-mailbox-mailbox-monday

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to get The Iron Witch and Entangled for myself, they both sounds AMAZING!!! Plus those covers are to die for! Enjoy all your books and Happy Reading Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great mailbox! I really want to read Entangled as well as The Iron Witch. I also have a copy of The Darlings and want to read it soon! I like that the Red Riding Hood leaves out the last chapter- cool idea! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great mailbox !! I loved Entangled and I'm hoping that it'll be the case for you too Becky !! I really have to buy The Darkings Are Forever !! =) Happy reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent mailbox and congrats on sticking with your book buying ban! That's really great. I'm reading The Darlings Are Forever right now and though I'm just a chapter in, I'm really enjoying it. Hope you love all your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great mailbox! It's so hard to stick to a book buying ban so well done!!
    Books For Company

    ReplyDelete
  16. the darlings was so cute!! i hope you like it too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I definitely want to read these books! You had an amazing week. Happy Reading!

    Chelsea @ Rand0m Girl

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, you got a great haul this week! I'm so jealous. I love all the pretty covers. Can't wait to see your reviews on them.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! I got DARLINGS as well and can't wait to check it out!

    Here's what's in my mailbox this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got Red Riding Hood, too but I haven't heard much good about it. The movie trailer looks awesome of course.
    I think on the one hand it's a nice gimmick that they left out the last chapter not to spoil the movie but actually... seriously? That totally sucks. Who sells a book with the last chapter missing? That's horrible and annoying. If I buy a book I want to get the whole package.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow that's a great looking bunch of books! Hope you'll enjoy them all! the left out ending of Red Riding Hood is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete