Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read in 2016!

I don't know why I don't participate in this meme more often...I love making lists :D Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  To find out more and check out future topics, click on over there!!


This week's topic is all about featuring the "New-to-Me" authors we all read this year!  In looking back through my reviews, I realized I read a LOT of books by authors I had previously read and loved. But I did find a few new favorites! Some of these are new to me---some of these are just NEW, but completely blew me away in their magical debut awesomeness! :D

This. was. amazing. A new favorite book by a new favorite author. When I have time, I definitely plan to go back and try some of her older stuff.  And her upcoming title, The Last Magician, sounds incredible!

Well, I certainly had my Peter Pan retellings covered this year. This steampunk-laced Neverland was a great one, and I can't wait to see this Neverland converge with Wonderland in her follow up, Umberland!

This author is anything but new, but this was my first time reading his work. And I loved it. Every Hidden Thing was one of my most anticipated books this year, and it was worth every second of waiting. 

I fell so in love with this book.  It was like You've Got Mail for the new generation, and absolutely just as charming. Julie B is going to change my outlook on reading contemporary stories. ♥

Another new favorite for me. I can't tell you how excited I am to continue this series with Dream Magic in 2017, and Burning Magic in 2018!!

Yep, I read my first Alexandra Bracken book with Passenger. And I totally fell in love with her amazing storytelling talents! Will definitely be seeking out her other work, and devouring Wayfarer soon!!

SUCH gorgeous writing. Loved The Crown's Game so much. The magic, the romance, the fooooood. This was definitely one of my favorite books this year. The wait for The Crown's Fate is killing me. 

This book was such a stunner. So adventurous and wildly romantic and just really fun and cool. I am lucky enough to have book 2 in my hands and it's all I can do not to throw everything aside and start it!! :D

This was one of the most imaginative stories I've read this year. So beautiful and dark and twisty.  I can't wait to read more of her amazing world-building in Crown of Wishes.


Somehow I jumped into Jay Kristoff's amazing writing with his first book for adults LOL.  It was bloody and violent and erotic---and I still ended up loving it xD.  No regrets and I'm definitely looking forward to more in this series and also trying out a few of his YA books!

That's my top ten! What new authors did YOU discover this year??

0 comments :

Post a Comment